Priority reset, thanks to my Dad.....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My dad saw a post I put on facebook and reset me... That's what dad's do right.... She chose her path...

Thank you service members for what you do EVERY DAY. For the life and injury you suffer for me EVERY day, Past and Present....

soldier.jpg

soldier.jpg

I don't see a reason to disrespect another person's memory in order to give accolades to others. While the men and women in our armed forces are indeed worthy of our admiration and gratitude, it is still sad to see someone who's talent meant a lot to many pass away, regardless of the choices she made that led to it. More importantly I'm sure she has a family who cared deeply for her, as all the service members who won't make it home do as well.
Just my .02

I don't see a reason to disrespect another person's memory in order to give accolades to others. While the men and women in our armed forces are indeed worthy of our admiration and gratitude, it is still sad to see someone who's talent meant a lot to many pass away, regardless of the choices she made that led to it. More importantly I'm sure she has a family who cared deeply for her, as all the service members who won't make it home do as well.
Just my .02

I get what you are saying, but to put it in perspecive she was an entertainer that is all over the headlines today, how many of the soldiers that are serving are getting the same level of attention and they are sacrificing for a cause, a cause for me!

While she was a great entertainer and I'm sure she had family that cares for her we should not put her ahead of the those that are giving it all for us.. I got caught up in it all too...

cap

Totally agree with you on keeping things in perspective. Our entertainers our given too high a place in our society these days, and our service members too low. Music can touch people in a way that few things can however, and for that reason alone I am glad to have experienced her gift. She wasn't a great or heroic individual, (quite tragic actually) but my life is enriched for her voice being a part of it. Like you said in the other post, she sure could sing......

Just my .02
I dont really see it as disrespecting her memory. in her prime she was larger then life and I still listen to her music today.

but the fact still remains that there are many more people mourning her death right now simply because she was celebrity vs. mourning soldiers that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms simply because she was popular. not RESPECTED but popular. no many respect a junkie.

I think if anything it puts things into perspective. people will be talking about her death for months if not decades and it was self inflicted. how many people will be talking about the 3900+ dead soldiers that died in afganistan this year for decades to come? not many unfortunately.

her death is sad but more pathetic then sad.

Back