Update on my dad.

newman

Registered
Dad had another seizure a few weeks ago, he was in hospital for four days. They ran tests but they can't find out what's causing them.

Since then he has been getting worse.

He's definitely got Alzheimer's.

He's memory was getting worse but he has deteriorated so much now.

Lynne wanted to see them so she's gone to visit them for four days. We wanted to go and see them, but we couldn't get down on the bike for the day because of the weather, so she's gone there and I'll look after the animals.

They have been trying to build him up, so he can have the Chemotherapy. The nurse comes in everyday to try to get him to move about a bit, but he is unsteady on his legs, and just stays in bed all day, mostly sleeping.

There is a empty house next door to us and we are trying to rent it and move mum and dad in there, so we can look after them.
Otherwise I'll go and live with them, to help them out.
Mum's been having to do the lot, but now one of her neighbours has said she will take mum shopping in her car. Mum has been getting cabs.

To tell you the truth I think it's just a matter of when now rather than if.
If the worst happens mum can still move in next door if we can get the place.
And we always planed to have her move in with us if anything happened anyway.

Anyway I just had to get this off my chest.

Thanks Dave.

Here's a pic from last summer.

100_1809.jpg

Sorry brother. The waiting and anticipating really sux in these situations. Be there for both of them now and remember there is only so much you can do. Moral and mental support along with showing you love them does wonders for all. Be strong and honor your pop!

sorry to hear, hoping for the best. Sounds like you have a good plan for the future, no matter what happens. :please:

I'm so sorry to hear this...nothing harder than watching someone that was once the "rock" in your life going through such hard times :down:

You are all in my thoughts and I hope for the best for your Dad...

Sorry brother, just do what you can to spend as much time with them as possible. Peace be with you and your family.

Memories, that's where I hide when I need to. Difficult times that most of us can relate too.

Sorry to hear friend, seeing the mind fail is terribly painful thing to watch. I wish you and your family the best, I hope like you when my parents need it I can be there to help, I know they would(and have) done the same for me

Even though I'm young an my dad was only 52. I can relate to your situation. Just be there for them. When my dad got sick I just moved them in with me. It killed me to see him so sick but, it was better than being far and not being able to do anything. Don't forget to take care of yourself so you can and stay strong for them. Just my .02 cents. Prayers for you guys!!

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, best wishes and prayers.

I'm going to try and get down to see them next week.

Back