Priceless

Oldie but goodie - agree -- the first time I saw this clip I thought it was odd that he flipped down his visor. I think most journeyman riders flip the visor once underway and picking up speed - at least thats my perception.

Incidently - this guy was new to super sports. That bike gave him all the time in the world to recover - he just didn't even understand what was happening underneath him. I'm no Valentino but I've had bikes try and get away from me at alot more aggresive speeds and lean angles and have been able to recover.

Next time I get a new bike Im gonna do a burnout right in the parking lot! :laugh: gotta scrub those tires! :rulez:

was it new tires, or cold tires that got him?
i experienced the same thing (with a gracefull recovery) when i left a parking lot on cold tires- they had over 1000 miles on them and still slid a little sideways...(course, i WAS kinda gettin on it...)
poor guy- i'd have been crushed.

Wow gotta hate that fresh coating they put on new tires. Poor guy but the good thing is now he doesn't have to worry about messing up the bike while learning to ride

If the dealership put Armorall on the tires (which there is NO WAY they did) I'd sue the living S**T out of them!

Just release compound on the tires. They should have warned him at his bike inspection at closing...

And whoever said that exhaust was ugly, ummmmm waaaay better looking than the Gen2 Busa's stock potato launchers!

I honestly feel horrible for that guy. I would just sit there and cry.:cry:

- Harley Crash[/url]

It happens a lot.

I went to a local HD dealer and they told me watch new riders when the leave. Lots wreck their bikes and need repairs before 1 mile is put on the bike. WhenI went to pick up my new Bandit, EVERYBODY in the shop and store came to the back door to watch me leave. They were waiting for me to wreck, ???

Last edited by a moderator:
When I took my ZX14 for it first ride 2 weeks ago it has 18 miles on it from the 1st owner (new rider bought a ZX14 & was affaid to ride it anyway back to the story)
Got to my first long sweeping right hanger not pushing hard at all & the rear breaks loose & kickes out what felt like 2 feet but I am sure was 6 inches.
Brought it back in but scared the crap out of me. ( I think years of dirt bike riding helped here).
Anyway never really put togeather that a new rider scared of the bike had never reached any real lean angles that the sides had not been scrubbed in.

Also in a 2nd story back in the early 91-92 I lived in a house with 5 friends 3 of us had bikes one guy had a Yanaha XT600 dual sport & one of the guys(Eric) wanted to take it for a ride. So Yamaha owner(Chris) says sure I will take it to the street for you. Eric says no dont worry I rode dirtbikes all the time as a kid.
Chris says OK & Eric proceeds to dump the clutch & wheelie Chris's bike right into Chris's 88 Mitsubishi Starion ESIR (his pride & joy and a pretty damn cool car at the time) breaking the tail light rear window & denting the crap out of the rear spoiler.

Last edited:
That's terrible but all too common. I've pulled over many a times to help a guy pick up his bike thankfully with no injuries and mostly Harley-type of bikes that fell over at stop signs.

It looked like he had oil on the tires to me, Dealer had skank on the shop floor? I had tires put on once & nearly did a full doughnut pulling out of the shop. Do all my own since. Shame.

Back