I've eventually got it new 2010 busa

newman

Registered
I joined the org in april 2010, a couple of months before this my girlfriend said I could have a motorbike when her inheritance came through. First of all I bought a few motorbike mags as I was well out of touch with newer bikes I narrowed it down to BMW k1300gGT (for touring) and a B-KING, well I decided I wanted a B-KING but when I showed it to my girlfriend she said it was ugly and what about that one which turned out to be a hayabusa (I don't know how I missed it) and that's how it started. Well she got the money on december the 23rd and after she ordered all her new furniture and gave our six kid some money we went and looked at a few dealers online, one dealer had one for £9500 but was closed over christmas and the new year and was opening again on the 4th of january, but by that time VAT (value added tax) was going up so the bike would have cost £275 more so I found another dealer and phoned them up and they said they could do it for £9473 on the road so I ordered it. I had R&G fairing protectors put on and a Datatool alarm fitted. Then I looked on the web and found the best prices for all the other things I wanted. I got a Tom Tom urban rider satnav, fork protectors, cotten reels, ride on ,alpha dot, oxford monster lock and chain, Oxford omega disk lock, sidi streetburner boots with free gloves, Gremlin bell, buffalo Textile jacket and trousers (I'm too fat for leathers at the moment), tyre gauge, electric pump and oxford bike cover as my garage has not arrived yet. Then went down the shop and got a Cabrerg crash helmet for me and a Duchinne one for my girlfriend. Also got full insurance for £512 for the year. The Bike arrived on the 10th of january at 9am but the ironic thing is it's raining so much I haven't ridden it yet what with the new tyres as well; So I went down the pub instead. It feels a bit strange because I haven't rode a bike with a fairing before. I can't wait for It to stop raining so I can have a go. Here's a pic, I will post some more later.

101_1615.jpg

Congratulations. You have more patience than I.
Rain or not, I would be tooling around on the the new wheels. So, if and when you do go out, be careful and enjoy!!!!:beerchug:

Congrats on the new purchase. Be extremely careful on those new tires, They will be slicker than snot on a door knob for the first few miles. No leaning and agressive throttle.

Congrats on the new ride! You'll enjoy it once the weather clears up and you can get out on it. :beerchug:

:beerchug: IMHO you need to read the safety and break-in procedures in the manual and follow them to the letter. These bikes are EXTREMELY powerful, quick and unforgiving.

The bike is heavy; so at stop signs, etc. once the bike leans right or left far enough it's over.

So enjoy, but take your time getting use to your new AWESOME toy :thumbsup:

I will PM you my phone number !

Can you give it to your girlfriend when you are finished with her :laugh:

Congrats on the new bike. :thumbsup:

As the others have said, be careful on those new tires! As for the B-King, I can see why you looked at that bike first. You like and are used to the naked look (regarding the fairings of course). :laugh:

congrats on the purchase and apparently a good girlfriend! since you aren't used to these kind of bikes, it's much better to wait a day or two than to jump on, crash, and be looking for parts next week...it will be worth it when you get to ride :beerchug:

Congrats on the new ride!! I had the same problem you had. Got the bike delivered and could not ride for two days with continuous thunderstorms.

Last edited:
Back