Preparing for the first wax

Hi guys I'm planning on purchasing a 2009 Silver Hayabusa in the next few weeks. I was wondering if any of you have used a CLAY BAR and if so would you recommend using one. Thanks for any input.

well with exposed stickers I would think stay on the paint but in general, the bikes I have seen had pretty decent gloss to them already.. I use NexGen2 polymer from Mequiars and love the stuff.. easy on easy off (orbital does help)

The $200 a bottle guys will soon follow but I spent a couple years as a detail shop owner and a good carnuba works as well as almost any wax.. Just a matter of "how long" it stays on the machine..

I want to see pics of the new ride :)

I'm a big fan of Original Bike Spirits. I'm big on cleaning my bike after every ride and not big on getting it wet. Only place I use water on a regular basis is on the rims to remove brake dust and chain lube. Bike Spirits comes in an aerosol can, removes bugs and other rode grime such as tar easily and doesn't leave that paste build up around the decals like liquid or paste waxes do. It gives and exceptional shine with that slick fresh waxed feel to the paint. It's also great on chrome, not pricey and a can goes a long long way :thumbsup:

It's my secret to keeping white the fastest color :whistle:

Link --> Original Bike Spirits

Forget the wax bro, Just get a spray can of plexis.
It's just for painted plastic, It will shine and protect any plastic surface.
Great stuff about $13 bucks.

clay bar is great for taking stuff out of paint that isnt usually doesn't come off with regular washing like sap tar some road grime chances are your bike wont need it since it will be brand new but if you use the clay bar every month or so it will keep your paint feling like glass and keep contaminants off it like it you hit a patch of love bugs but just make sure your keeping up with regular waxing just clean you bike good before you clay bar it DO NOT DROP THE CLAY BAR or you have to throw it out. Then go with a good quality wax and you cant go wrong and the plexus is great for when your quick washes were you arent trying to spend hours on end

What nobody has bothered to be able to confirm or deny
(on numerous times I've asked) is plexis and honda polish are both
cleaners...do they remove wax as well? Kinda of a waste to throw on
2-3 coats of wax...go out for a ride, break out the plexis/honda polish
and whalla...your bike is shiny but NAKED (as in without wax). Your 3
coats just went in the toilet.

There was a vendor stand selling a similar product to plexis/polish...
I asked them if it removes wax...they said yes, it removes bugs, tar,
and even wax.

Question 2: Is plexis or honda polish UV protectant. The Sun is BRUTAL
to paint. Most if not all waxes are UV protectant. I don't think the polish
stuff is. I think it cleans and shines but leaves your bike bare.

I love Zanio bothers, great great stuff but a pita to order. Gets expensive,
shipping is a flat rate regardless of 1 item or 5, so add like $10 to your bottle
of wax. You wind up trying to order enought to make the shipping worth
while. Not to mention by the time you order Z2, Z5, Carwash, spritzer, wax
hardener, shipping...heck it's 80-100 bucks. :banghead:

So I've gone the Meguires Nexgen 2.0...almost as good and right at
wally world. HIghly recommended :thumbsup:

imo the meguiars is good and honda polish is good i use pigsnot brand of wax seems long lasting and i use honda polish between waxes and dont seem to have any problems with the honda polish taking off the wax (that i can tell) give the pigsnot a chance i dont think you will dissapointed my 2 cents

Clay bar is completely not needed on your new bike. Just wash then wax. Maybe even a second coat. Sometimes fresh paint sucks in the first coat of wax and you need to apply a second.

well with exposed stickers I would think stay on the paint but in general, the bikes I have seen had pretty decent gloss to them already.. I use NexGen2 polymer from Mequiars and love the stuff.. easy on easy off (orbital does help)

The $200 a bottle guys will soon follow but I spent a couple years as a detail shop owner and a good carnuba works as well as almost any wax.. Just a matter of "how long" it stays on the machine..

I want to see pics of the new ride :)

What stickers :whistle: What reflectors :laugh:

Turtle Wax Ice. best thing going.:thumbsup: And Plexis.

+1
the Turtle wax is a great product... Bike must be very clean first, ice has no cleaning properties....The plexis seem way over price in Canada here.
I use a plastic safe{no ammonia} on the windscreen then ice over everything.
Ice is very easy to use. Bottle lasts forever.

Plexus.......just Plexus......no water, just Plexus.... :oldcool:

I dont think that a clay bar is of much use on a new paint job. I use pinnacle wax on mine. its pricey but i really love it alot. best wax i have ever used really.

Back