First time wax

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
You know they say don't wash a new car, or anything newly painted for a month. Well, I want to know if it is ok 2 weeks early to wax. I just have been rinsing her off almost every ride. I want to see if anyone else had experience with waxing 'early'
I want her to be shined up!

Now we all know it is against the law not to post a thread without pics! so here you go:

PICT0432.JPG

PICT0438.JPG

PICT0422.JPG

PICT0408.JPG

CopyofPICT0405.JPG

Hey well thanks alot! 6k Low and 10k high that pic was during warm up, so is this one. at full temp, the low beam is light purple

PICT0433.JPG

thanks HeavyBusa I will take that into consideration. But I have Zymol which is very good stuff, anyone would know if you use it, and I rather not buy any more right now. It is a cleaner wax

Yes that is top notch stuff, my understanding is ( and I am no expert here ) that there are no abrasives in the spay stuff which is easier on new paint

Got any pics of the entire bike from about 10 feet away...everything is close up or cropped off.

Just wait. The clear takes time to cure to full hardness. If you jump the gun you run the risk of swirling the clear pretty bad. Use the spray detailer and soft micro fiber towel in the meantime.

The worst thing for new or old paint is those bugs.A liquid wax will remove them real easy.When I said wax it,thats what I meant,nothing about buffing.Don't let the wax dry,wipe it on[or spray] long enough to softed the bugs and right back off.Bugs have acid in them and can pit your finish!Rinse with cool water and wipe dry with soft cloth[cotton is great].
Leaving the bugs on is money and time waisted.Just speaking from experiance.

Nice then thanks for the tips, especially the bugs. I just tested the Zymol on a blemish that was darker, from something rubbing. It went right away without hint anything was there. I will just wait. thanks guys
smile.gif

lurk.gif
I'm waiting too brother. Trying to save my new PP 2CTs for the Gap. It's a biotch

when you let the clear fully harden this is what you get...crystal clear.

IMG_1878.JPG

Do not put ANY wax on it till it's fully cured. A simple wash will remove the bugs. Any type of polish/wax will keep it from curing completely, baked or not.

Back