PRAYERS FROM THE ORG. FAMILY

PUNN1025

Registered
Well a while back I found out I had Gallstones and was trying to drag out surgery till after the holidays but this past Monday I ended up in the hospital and admited into the ICU with high levels of Pancreatits (normal level is 110 mine was 5642) long story short 4 days of nothing but saline and antibiotics. They were going to operate yesterday but I requested to be released due to my lack of confidence in the surgeon (he never performed a gallbladder removal on a gastric bypass patient) So this morning at 6 a.m. I will be getting the surgery done by my original surgeon in Evanston if all goes well I will be back home tonight and in time to give my daughter a wonderful Christmas.

Even though I never met any of you in person this board has always been a spot of encouragement to me, so if I may request some prayers. God bless!!!

Prayers sent, Godspeed and Happy Holidays.
thumb_up.gif

In my thoughts and prayers!

I hope you can return home in time for the holidays...
smile.gif

You're in my heart. Hope everything goes well!

--Wag--

I'm sure you'll recover quickly... and be at home in time for Christmas.
Cuz ya got all us to support you!
cool.gif

Well a while back I found out I had Gallstones and was trying to drag out surgery till after the holidays but this past Monday I ended up in the hospital and admited into the ICU with high levels of Pancreatits (normal level is 110 mine was 5642) long story short 4 days of nothing but saline and antibiotics. They were going to operate yesterday but I requested to be released due to my lack of confidence in the surgeon (he never performed a gallbladder removal on a gastric bypass patient) So this morning at 6 a.m. I will be getting the surgery done by my original surgeon in Evanston if all goes well I will be back home tonight and in time to give my daughter a wonderful Christmas.

Even though I never met any of you in person this board has always been a spot of encouragement to me, so if I may request some prayers. God bless!!!
Prayers sent for bro. My question is why didn't your Doc remove your gallbladder when you had your gastric bypass? When my wife had hers done that was one of the first things the Doctor did. I would question him on that. But again prayers sent for ya.

Gallbladder and appenidix surgeries are what oil changes are to us wrench heads. Youll be ok. How much weight have you lost after the bariatric surg? Your biggest risk will be anestheisa and infection control. The surgery is easy: incision, find GB, cut out, a few knots and close. The transport from the room to the OR will probably take longer than the actual proceedure.

Surgery of any kind is anxiety producing for anyone. For us hospital scut monkeys, surgeries happen every day, but for the patient its once or twice in a life time. Not knowing the risks and expectations of treatment is the worst part.

youll be fine. Are your nurses hot? post pix!
smile.gif

Back