Prayers for my father in-law

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Never thought I would be posting up asking for prayers.

I trust God, I usually don't ask him for much. I know he will give me what I need without asking.

With that said.

We got word that at around 5pm tonight my father in-law was involved in a motorcycle accident.

He lives 8 hours north of us near the Oregon border

He has only had his motorcycle less than a month.

After numerous phone calls to the CHP, hospitals we finally pieced together the following.

He was on a winding road and crossed into the other lane, a cement truck was heading towards him, he tried to swerve and miss it however the cement truck clipped the back of his bike.

It would seem that it might have crushed his leg at the same time. the CHP officer on the phone told me it was mangled pretty bad and while he wasn't a doctor he didnt think they would be able to save it.

A little while later my sister in-law talked to hospital staff who said they were trying to save the leg, but it was pretty bad.

for those of you that pray I ask the following:

first and foremost, pray what is on your heart.

Second, that God's will be done.

Third, to give my father in-law (Greg) strength, and to give our family strength.

Greg will need a lot of support, he is a heck of a nice guy, but not much of a fighter, losing part of his leg is going to throw him into a very deep depression more than likely. So he will need lots of prayers for strength.

Thanks everyone..

Ron

Sorry to read of this. Thoughts and prayers for his endurance and recovery.

So sorry to hear, Ron!
sad.gif
Thoughts and Prayers sent.

I seldom if ever pray for myself, tonight I pray as always that God's will be done, and that if He wills it your father-in-law is healed in body, mind, and spirit, and that you and your family be given strength and understanding at this time to deal with this tragic event.

Thanks everyone..

Update:

My wife just talked to the nurse, he is out of surgery. they amputated his leg above the knee.

She also told my wife before he went into surgery he was very adamant about not losing his leg.

Please also pray for safe travels for my wife, my two boys and the rest of her family that is going, they are leaving at 4am to drive up north.

It is killing me that I cant go, but my oldest son and I have to stay here because we have a commitment to others involving this weekend down south.

If it was just my son and I that would only be affected we would blow it off and go with my wife, but others are counting on us and we dont like to let people down.

Just a lot of crap going on this weekend. As it is my wife and I were both supposed to transport a bunch of the highschool football players down to a camp this weekend using both of our vehicles (quad truck and van), and with her not going that is 5 players we wont be able to transport and we are leaving 6am Friday. And the coaches were already haveing a difficult time trying to find drivers as it was...

Thanks again for the wishes and prayers everyone I am feeling pretty emotional about my father in-law right now as I type this..

Dayum, Ron - sorry that they couldn't save the leg. Fortunately, he is still with us and with the love, help, and support of family and friends, he will be healed soon.

(omslaw @ Jun. 20 2007,22:29) Dayum, Ron - sorry that they couldn't save the leg. Fortunately, he is still with us and with the love, help, and support of family and friends, he will be healed soon.
Yeah, that is what we are all focusing on, while losing part of a leg fricken sucks, at least he is alive.

The CHP officer AND the nurse stated there is nothing else wrong, no other injury's.

he was wearing one of those half helmets.. the only ijury was to his leg.. So we are very thankful for that. as bad as they are, they most definitely could have been worse. hitting a cement truck I don't think would usually turn out with just the loss of a half of a leg.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 20 2007,22:29) Can anyone in this area lend thrasherfox a hand and help transport ?
I called the coach tonight at 9:30 and left him a message, I told him I could either take my truck which I could hold 4 players AND all the helmets and pads for the rest of the players in the back of the truck

Or I could take the van and I could take 6 players, but I wouldn't have any room for any gear.

I am waiting to hear back from the coach to see how there are doing with drivers, I haven't talked to him in two days so we might be ok. I don't know yet

Sorry about the bad news Ron.

Prayers sent out, hope they are answered.

Wish Dad a fast recovery from the Lysons family.

(captainraymond @ Jun. 20 2007,23:26) Where exactly do you live? I may be able to help out.
About 4 hours south of you.

I need to talk to the coach tomorrow to see where he stands with drivers. we might be alright. But if he was counting on my wife and I taking 5 more than we will be able to, he needs time to see if he has any other parents that have offered to help.

I am sure we should be able to cover it (fingers and eyes crossed
biggrin.gif
)

I will update tomorrow when I find out where the coaches stand

Sorry about the bad news. I cant even imagine what your going thru! Prayers sent!

Back