The best fathers day ever

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Last Sunday right after church my youngest son asked about Jesus coming into his heart.... We pulled over in a parking lot and prayed with him and he was saved right then and there, he prayed the sweetest prayer ever..... So this Sunday for fathers day my 7yr old wanted to be Baptised... That is what I got for fathers day....

trsitan_baptised.jpg

Last Sunday right after church my youngest son asked about Jesus coming into his heart.... We pulled over in a parking lot and prayed with him and he was saved right then and there, he prayed the sweetest prayer ever..... So this Sunday for fathers day my 7yr old wanted to be Baptised... That is what I got for fathers day....
clap.gif
congratulations. I remember the night last year I was able to do the samething with my 7 yo and my 8 year old. That is truly the best fathers day you could ever ask for!

Doug, that is so awesome! How proud you - and Kristie - must be of him! You and Kristie have raised them well!
bowdown.gif

Captain, you are what the bible describes as a man and a father. Your son got saved because of the example that his father set. No greater gift can a father give his son then a fine example of how to be a man. Congratulations!

Total emersion too? Baptist?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Total emersion too? Baptist?[/quote]

Absolutely, we don't sprinkle we hold em under till they bubble! The bible says wash aways the sins not take a shower
please.gif
please.gif
please.gif

please.gif

please.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Total emersion too? Baptist?[/quote]

Absolutely, we don't sprinkle we hold em under till they bubble! The bible says wash aways the sins not take a shower  
please.gif

please.gif

please.gif
[/quote]
lol1.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

Baptist here as well. Commonly referred to as "Believers Baptism", representing the death of Christ(going under the water) and the resurection of Christ(coming out of the water).

I am truly happy for you and your son!

PS. I know of another Baptist running around here somewhere. Word is he is trying to find some missing posts...wink.

please.gif

please.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Total emersion too? Baptist?

please.gif

please.gif

please.gif
[/quote]
lol1.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Baptist here as well. Commonly referred to as "Believers Baptism", representing the death of Christ(going under the water) and the resurection of Christ(coming out of the water).

I am truly happy for you and your son!

PS. I know of another Baptist running around here somewhere. Word is he is trying to find some missing posts...wink.[/quote]
We submerge too. (Baptist) Submerging represents the burial and resurection. It's also the way Christ was baptist by John. But in a river
laugh.gif

please.gif

please.gif

That is to cool. Jake was done when he was just a baby.. I woukd be scared ot do it now cause he wont want to get out of the water.. Congrats man,, this is truley a wounderfull gift. We all should be so lucky

awesome...if he keeps following you, he is going to make a great man in a few more years
beerchug.gif

Wow...Jesus WAS in his heart Cap, telling him what he needed to do, he spoke through your son and you listened...miracles are glorious things aren't they Cap..
bowdown.gif

Very nice Doug congratulations to all of your family. Happy belated Fathers Day.

Congrats Cap. There is nothing that makes me more proud.

It's amazing that we can teach our children about all of the aspects of life. We are sure to teach our kids about money, sex, social order, responsibility, the importance of a home, etc. However, when it comes to matters of eternity many parents leave that decision to them without a single directing word.

Life is nothing compared to eternity. We are all guaranteed to die.

Thanks for teaching your children about Jesus.

Back