Power Commander

itsyasoldier

Registered
I am about to buy another busa. Its a 08. My only worry is the guy im buying it from put a full yoshi exhaust system on the bike, but when I asked him if it had a power commander he stated that the shop that did the install said that there was no need on the 08's because they have o2 sensors. Is this true or does the bike need a power commander or tune. Thanks

there is no NEED for it but if you want to get the best possible power out out the bike then its suggested you get one or get the ecu flashed which is 200x better than the power commander

I put a full M4 exhaust on my 08 (gained 7 ponies) and it runs perfect without a piggy back power commander. IMO you are wasting your money on a PC.

Does it need one? No not really, the shop is right about the 02 sensors.

However, I can tell you this, I installed my full Yosh RS3 and ran without a power commander for a day or two. The bike ran great, but when I put the PC on it.....on my lord, it picked it up a TON! It definitely helps, there is no doubt about that.

But if that is the only decision stopping you from buying it, don't worry about it, that didn't hurt it one bit.

Well Im pretty sure Im getting a good deal. Its an 08 with full exhaust and aftermarket levers with only like 4k miles for 8k dollars. what do you guys think

Well Im pretty sure Im getting a good deal. Its an 08 with full exhaust and aftermarket levers with only like 4k miles for 8k dollars. what do you guys think

Sounds like a good deal... Like others have said you don't need a PC but will be better off with some type of tuning method and a custom tune.

Back