Power Commander V

Htown Busa

Registered
I checked the Power Commander Website and it seems that the PC V is not made for the 2008 and only the 2009. Is this true or am I looking at the website wrong? Can you use the PC V on a 2008.

I believe I saw that as well. But I can not imagine why it would not work w/ the '08 ???

What exactly is the difference between the PC III and the V ?

The PC V controls all 8 injectors and the PC III only controls 4. Also, I think the PC V has an add on available that can make adjustments to your bike as you are riding.

The PC V controls all 8 injectors and the PC III only controls 4. Also, I think the PC V has an add on available that can make adjustments to your bike as you are riding.

The PC V does indeed have an add-on module called "auto-tune". It's intended purpose is to replace a dyno-tune. It learns as you ride, or run the bike through the gears like a dyno would, and automatically tunes the bike to keep the air/fuel ratio maximized.

My brother has both components on his '08 CBR600rr and I'd have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. I was skeptical thinking it wouldn't be worth the money but as he's been tinkering with it I've been test riding the bike and it's definitely smoothed out the power curve, increased throttle response and overall I've noticed more low end torque.

I would be very interested to see a auto-tune vs. dyno comparison to validate whether or not my observations are quantifiable.

I have a pcV only controls 4 injectors, the secondary injector module is not out yet. At a later time you will be able to control all 8 when they release the secondary unit, but when u purchase the base unit pcv all you can control is 4. I will be the first to say that their adds were misleading at first, and now have been changed. It stated that ignition timing could be changed with the pcv as well..... After I got mine i find out that this can only be changed on Harleys and that I will have to buy an additional timing module when they decide to release it....

Last edited:
I have a pcV only controls 4 injectors, the secondary injector module is not out yet. At a later time you will be able to control all 8 when they release the secondary unit, but when u purchase the base unit pcv all you can control is 4. I will be the first to say that their adds were misleading at first, and now have been changed. It stated that ignition timing could be changed with the pcv as well..... After I got mine i find out that this can only be changed on Harleys and that I will have to buy an additional timing module when they decide to release it....

That sucks ballz bro. I did not know that. Can you take it back? The Baz costs' the same right?

No return i have had it for a month or so now. Both the bazzaz and Pcv have their downfalls....

Correct, no tuner is perfect both have good and bad. I just wish they would get the ECU stuff done so we can toss all of it and tune it how we want through the factory computer... ;)

Back