power commander v maps

Instead of making a new thread.... I'd like some help. After I cut my cans down and making them into 8" shorties, my bike runs differently. Throttle response is a bit sluggish and I'm sure needs some kind of tune. I ordered a Power Commander V from tobefast.com and it's scheduled to be here Thursday. I have a stock air filter and the cans are only slip ons. No other engine work or performance stuff. Will there be some generic maps I can use on the disk? The slip-ons are the Yoshi R-22 blings.

I'm really suprised that you have a noticeable difference. Anyway, everything on the website should be on the disk. You can try different maps and see what works best for you. All bikes are different, and even if there was an exact base map for your application, that does not mean that a base map for another exhaust wouldn't perform better on your bike. Point being, we can both have identical mods and bikes and I can dyno tune my bike and make it close to perfect. Then I can give you that map, your bike wil perform better than stock, but if you had yours dyno tuned you would still find improvents could be made to yours specifically.
Your bike is running safely, just not as you would like for it to. Don't be afraid to try different base maps and see how it does.:beerchug:

Mr Droo I have a 4 into 1 yosh thats cut down you are going to have to fiddle with the afr table to tune your bike. Or you have to take it to be dyno tuned. Good luck.

dozer, did you get yours dyno tuned? I've not messed with anything of this nature and have no clue about air fuel ratios... I'm probably not going to get a dyno tune at this point and was hoping to use a base map or one from another .Org member.

Mr Droo I did not have the bike dyno tuned yet going to try a little on my own. Iam using a pcv on my 04 busa not many maps for it. When I down loaded the closest map to what my bike has I noticed a serious loss of throttle reponse. While the bike was warm if you blipped the throttle it would bog . Talked to a friend who tuned his 14 told me to change the afr by minus 1 in the rpm range and throttle percentage where the bike was bogging. Have to be careful though or I will fry the bike by it running to lean. Lean is mean , but can cause some serious engine damage. Goodluck I will up date on how my delema turns out.

SOme of the dyno guys that deal with this everyday may can give some merit or disclaimer to my opinion. I will preface my comment with " I have 2 bikes and they are both dyno tuned and I know exactly what the AFR lines looked liked at every throttle position when the tunes were done because I watch the entire events on both".

The seat of the pants feel of a lean mixture on the bottom end of throttle position feels sluggish. Conversely, the seat of the pants feel of a lean mixture on the upper end of the throttle postitions feels like it is tearing the walls down. A rich mixture to me feels just the opposite.

If you cut the cans down or remove the Catalytic converters you are in effect leaning the mixture becuase there are fewer pumping losses and therfore moving more air into and out of the engine. Any restrictions that you remove or add on the intake or exhaust streams will effect the AFR in some respect and therefore altering the feel of your throttle response. It is possible that a perfectlytuned engine to a specific AFR will feel weaker (not pull as well) within a specific RPM range than a non tuned engine. That does not make the non tuned engine necessarily better but just less reliable.

Think about a 2 stroke motor. If you add straight gas to a 2 stroke it will run like hell for a little while and then not run at all. Same thing with a 4 stroke its just that the difference is not quite as violent.

Back