Power Commander tuning for Turbo and NA (possible or just leave it to the pros?)

Dr. Gonzo

Registered
So I currently have a PC2/3 in my 01 Turbo and a PC5 in my 07 NA. I'm running a cookie cutter NA map on the 5 and have a lean map in the 01 turbo right now. I'd planned to take in the turbo in to get tuned which will cost me $300-400 for a one time shot. Would it make sense to put a wideband and the PC LCD on the turbo and try to tune myself (Not Autotune!)? It seems pretty straight forward to me. 2nd gear run, check data, add/remove fuel, repeat. Also, would it make sense to dump the PC2/3 in my 01 and buy a PC5 so I can move the LCD back and forth for tuning? Other thoughts?

Thanks,
G

BRO, go to a dyno, taking the chance on a road, thinking about tuning and trying to watch traffic plus other obstructions.. Your life worth more than $300, I'm sure...

Heheh... wasn't thinking about tuning real time. ;) I thought the data logging capability would allow you to go out and run it up on a vacant road somewhere, then later go back to my garage, plug into a PC, review the curve, make adjustments, then go back out and try again. If I've misunderstood how the LCD and datalogging work then I guess it's a no go.

Regarding having to do a doing a pull in 4th/5th, that would also be kind of a show stopper. I can probably find a good stretch to run it up in 2nd, but taking the bike to 11k in 5th out in the country is probably not a good plan.

G

Back