Power commander ???'s

mynewbusa

Registered
To any of you more experienced Busa owners, I have to ask a question about my Power Commander. I installed it about two weeks ago. I ordered with it set up to my modifications, which are limited. Yoshi RS-3 slip on's plus a BMC filter and a TRE. I have noticed a difference in mid range, but I'm also feeling what I would call a hesitation off idle at low speeds, like while negotiating traffic. If I'm at a very low speed in traffic and have to stop or slow down I have to blip the throttle almost every time because it feels, or sounds like it's going to stall if I don't. I talked to the supplier who said to check the throttle position perameters with the software pkg he sent. Then I talked to an authorized Power Commander repair shop who wanted $450. to do a custom map, but did volunteer the information to bump up the low button 2 bars or down two bars to see if that would help. I don't recall this happening before I installed the PC. It feels like it lost the crispness unless I rev it up. Any help from you guys would be appreciated, but I caution you, I'm no computer wiz, so if I need to hook this thing up to my home computer and download a map, I could be in trouble!! Thanks in advance!

Well, that was going to my suggestion....
go to the pc site and download the maps from there for your set up and then try them all.

I experienced the same thing when I installed my PCIII USB. No response at all from idle. Anyways, I downloaded the maps from the dynojet website and played with them. I was amazed at how the bike responded with the yoshi slip ons and stock filter map. Mind you my bike has a yoshi full system and stock air filter but the difference was night and day. That is what I am using and works well.
I do not do any hard riding so I cannot tell you about mid range or anything like that, only that when I want zoom it goes zoom better than before.

Try those maps, simple.

regards,

Jim

have you unplugged your tre and ran just the power commander? in my humble opinion unless you need to go faster than 185 mph a tre isnt worth the trouble. if im not mistaken i think a tre ( depends on what kind) limits your power commander to just the 5th gear map--
smile.gif

well guys, I may have a bigger problem than I thought. I downloaded the map I needed from the Power Commander web site and it loaded pretty easily. I took the bike out and still had the same feeling. I stopped at my bud's house who has a 2001 Busa and asked him to take a look. We puttered around for a while and couldn't seem to get the PCIII to light up for us. When I pushed the three buttons it went double line to zero and then the lights went out! I can't adjust anything with the buttons. When I start the bike the fuel indicator light on the unit moves, but no matter what I do, I can't make any adjustments with the buttons. The web site instructions say, "Zero" indicated by two L.E.D's lit in the middle means that the buttons are not affecting the fuel being delivered by the map." I am assuming that something is wrong with the unit and will have to call Fuel Moto where I bought it.

have you unplugged your tre and ran just the power commander? in my humble opinion unless you need to go faster than 185 mph a tre isnt worth the trouble.    if im not mistaken i think a tre ( depends on what kind) limits your power commander to just the 5th gear map--
smile.gif
I haven't unplugged my TRE. I really have no intentions of riding 185!!! Well, at least I don't think I will! I bought the Power Commander for mid-range pull. I like to ride the twisties and thought the 4-5 gear map would give me a little more getting from one corner to the next. Usually I can't get out of 4th on some of these roads anyway. I'll try unplugging the TRE for the off idle sag to see if that helps but I still think the PCIII has an issue. Any thoughts on the marble mod being the culprit?

<!--EDIT|mynewbusa
Reason for Edit: "new pic"|1152148654 -->

DSCF1598__Small_.JPG

well guys, I may have a bigger problem than I thought. I downloaded the map I needed from the Power Commander web site and it loaded pretty easily. I took the bike out and still had the same feeling. I stopped at my bud's house who has a 2001 Busa and asked him to take a look. We puttered around for a while and couldn't seem to get the PCIII to light up for us. When I pushed the three buttons it went double line to zero and then the lights went out! I can't adjust anything with the buttons. When I start the bike the fuel indicator light on the unit moves, but no matter what I do, I can't make any adjustments with the buttons. The web site instructions say, "Zero" indicated by two L.E.D's lit in the middle means that the buttons are not affecting the fuel being delivered by the map." I am assuming that something is wrong with the unit and will have to call Fuel Moto where I bought it.
The PC on the Busa will not stay on unless the bike is running.

The PC on the Busa will not stay on unless the bike is running.
you are correct! I just spoke to the tech line at Fuel Moto and they told me that the instructions sent with my PCIII are actually for a PCII and a Suzuki has to be running to make adjustments. See what happens when I actually read instructions for a change, I won't do that again!! I think the Power Commander web site shows the same instructions (bike off, key on) Oh well, I'll try it tonite when I get home from work

thanks all

Back