Power Commander?'s

MeltDownZ

Registered
Not that it matters, I'm just curious...

Below, are the PCII maps for Stock and for Muzzy slip-ons...

Stock

Muzzy's

With these, I have 2 questions:

1) The Muzzy setup has a bunch of fuel reductions.  Since the Muzzy's allow greater air flow, I would have expected a bunch of fuel increases to match.  Why is there a majority of fuel reductions?

2)  With the PCII, I don't get the hot blasts of air after running at higher rpms.  Is this due to the fact that the PCII has reduced an over rich mix resulting in cooler exhaust?

<!--EDIT|MeltDownZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089892929 -->

that stock map isn't correct trust me
Just the same, my real question is why are there so many fuel reductions when the Muzzy pipe flows more air?
because you bike runs rich
What kind of answer is that? Of course it does, I was asking why. I guess I was looking for something along the lines of...

The Muzzy's don't necessarily flow more air. They modify how the flow characteristics of the air through your engine. So, the PC is required to align the fuel flow with the new air flow.

The Dynojet people explained it for me.

It is the correct answer. Every bike is different and every head flows different etc, etc,etc so I really only matters looking at numbers if you were using a PC3 not a PC2 and then the numbers wouldn't help too much due to the stuff stated above (remember the different pipes are not on the same bike)
But if you are asking what pipe flows the best ask that question next time

It is the correct answer.  Every bike is different and every head flows different etc, etc,etc so  I really only matters looking at numbers if you were using a PC3 not a PC2 and then the numbers wouldn't help too much due to the stuff stated above (remember the different pipes are not on the same bike)
But if you are asking what pipe flows the best ask that question next time
If I'm just going to use the map downloaded from Dynojet, is it worth upgrading to the IIIusb when it becomes available?

yes due to the pc2 uses sensor offset (fools the Map and air temp sensor to add and subtract fuel) the PC3 uses injector pluse to do it... so it will be more stable and not run better in one weather condtion than and worse in another. also you can map each cyl. seperate and you map every 250 rpm the PC2 you map every 500 till 6K then every 100

yes due to the pc2 uses sensor offset (fools the Map and air temp sensor to add and subtract fuel) the PC3 uses injector pluse to do it... so it will be more stable and not run better in one weather condtion than and worse in another. also you can map each cyl. seperate and you map every 250 rpm the PC2 you map every 500 till 6K then every 100
Thanks!!!

Back