Powercommander PCIII USB

babybusa

Registered
First post!:beerchug:
Bought an 06 last July with 3600 miles on her. Bone stock. Before the season ended I installed a lowering link and a Shinko Hookup. The baby has been resting in the basement since the weather has turned. While resting I have installed a Muzzy full stainless (brand new and cheap), K & N air filter and a power commander. The map from power commander is for the Muzzy pipe and I quote "Stock aftermarket air filter". What does this mean? Is there a map specific for Muzzy and K & N? Was on hold with PC for 45 min and hung up.

:welcome::welcome: not sure about what that means as i plan on getting an ecu flash and tune instead of the PC route

First post!:beerchug:
Bought an 06 last July with 3600 miles on her. Bone stock. Before the season ended I installed a lowering link and a Shinko Hookup. The baby has been resting in the basement since the weather has turned. While resting I have installed a Muzzy full stainless (brand new and cheap), K & N air filter and a power commander. The map from power commander is for the Muzzy pipe and I quote "Stock aftermarket air filter". What does this mean? Is there a map specific for Muzzy and K & N? Was on hold with PC for 45 min and hung up.

It means that their map is suitable for a clean stock or aftermarket air filter. Keep in mind that any map - even if it says it is specifically for everything you have - is somebody else's map. Basically a custom map made for a different bike at a different place in the country. There are a lot of variables there that all come down to one point: it is not specifically for your bike, but one similar. You can go ahead and use it, and if you are not too discriminating, you won't know the difference. On the other hand, you can go ahead and download and use it until you get your bike custom mapped. I guarantee that if you rolled in my door with that map in your bike, I could build you a custom map that would make your bike run better, and make more horsepower at the rear wheel. You would see and feel the difference that a custom map makes . . .:rulez:

POWERHOUSE- Sounds like Powercommander supplies generic maps that will work all over the country. Makes sense.:bowdown: Thanks for the input.

Since I'm new to the forum I'm not sure what :rulez: means......:beerchug:

:rulez:= custom map is better. Each bike is slightly different, the generic maps work, but a dyno tune with your specific Busa will get the most out of it.

Back