Power commander iii

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
and nowhere to go.

Power Commander III finally arived today via streetntrack...it's installed, bike is ready...and it's raining...and raining...and r...  
AAAssjani.gif

Raining all day long...oh but wait, this is the "Sunshine State".

I'd like to get who came up with that alone in a small room  
guns.gif

Well, the last thing I want to do is test a new PCIII out on my baby on a wet, slick road.

Grumble grumble...

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152314217 -->

No exhaust change yet, just the PC (stock map).
Well man you seriously most likely won't notice a thing. Your throttle response will improve a bit and your idle may smooth out a little but thats pretty much it. Performance wise you aren't even gonna be able to tell a difference. It's a good thing that you HAVE the pc now because you'll have it for whatever exhaust you choose. I just wasn't sure it sounded like your expecting a different animal now.

I'm expecting a little...

thinking about adding a tre...I guess if I don't like it I can always resell it.

I'm expecting a little...

thinking about adding a tre...I guess if I don't like it I can always resell it.
I wouldn't seel it man. Performance wise just being straight up you aren't gonna notice it....it's just being factual. The PC is designed to make power gains from a FULL race system. However if you decide to do bolt ons even it's not REQUIRED that you have one but the bike is not gonna run as smooth without it even having bolt ons. Look at it this way.....you already have the PC bought and installed. For most thats about a 300$ investment that they have to make ON TOP of purchasing their exhaust. You already have knocked that out of the way. I would hang on to it......ride the bike and see what you think here soon. I would be willing to bet money after seeing and hearing other peoples exhaust that will be something you are gonna wanna do. IF you should end up doing that your ready to just install the exhaust, load a better map, and your good to go. Don't bail on it cuz honestly I think you will regret it later. Just my .02

and nowhere to go.

Power Commander III finally arived today via streetntrack...it's installed, bike is ready...and it's raining...and raining...and r...  
AAAssjani.gif

Raining all day long...oh but wait, this is the "Sunshine State".

I'd like to get who came up with that alone in a small room  
guns.gif

Well, the last thing I want to do is test a new PCIII out on my baby on a wet, slick road.

Grumble grumble...
that's not rain...'round these parts we call it...

"liquid sunshine"

not to be confused with "orange sunshine"...(liquid lsd from the flower years)...but it does help to understand the 'liquid" thing a little better.
laugh.gif

It is dumping big time where I live, 2nd nite in a row...head for the Ark.

Well it finally didn't rain on me today, although schedule didn't permit for extended ride...my review of the PCIII:

I think it rocks. No, I don't have any 1/4 mile times to back up my claim (and I haven't riden my baby for 2 days) but she did feel crisper and smoother.

It was money well spent, plus I'm ready for the other mods (exhaust, etc.).

I did do a U-e and got on it a bit...I think I got air under the front wheel, don't know how far the front shocks travel when lifting the front end...If I didn't get a little air, that front wheel got REAL light.

Power Commander responsible...dunno, but never happened to me before. Coulda just been RPM/gear choice + throtle...

Everything else on the bike is cosmetic or stock except the PCIII.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152415278 -->

Well I know that you guys say that a PC alone will make very little difference. I also know that you guys say that bolt-ons make very little difference. I also know that you guys say that bolt-ons + PC make very little difference. Now having said all that, I have a 05 with about 7600 miles on her (Muzzy bolt-ons, pciiiusb and K&N), my buddy has an 03 with less than 4500 miles (completely stock). They are like 2 different bikes. My 05 seems to have more power. I dunno maybe it is just the color since mine is an LE and the 05LE is the fastest color.

Don

Well I know that you guys say that a PC alone will make very little difference.  I also know that you guys say that bolt-ons make very little difference.  I also know that you guys say that bolt-ons + PC make very little difference.  Now having said all that, I have a 05 with about 7600 miles on her (Muzzy bolt-ons, pciiiusb and K&N), my buddy has an 03 with less than 4500 miles (completely stock).  They are like 2 different bikes.  My 05 seems to have more power.  I dunno maybe it is just the color since mine is an LE and the 05LE is the fastest color.

Don
I am just speaking from experience. I know when I first got my Busa I went that route thinking I would notice a difference and honestly just didn't. I was running RS3 Race Baffle bolt ons and a k and n filter with the PC. My throttle felt a LOT better and idle smoothed out but power wise I didn't feel anything. From what I have seen the most people squeeze out of what your talking is 2 MAAAAAYBE 3 HP on a great day. Thats being optomistic. I think the sound of the bolt ons just seems to make people think their bike is pulling harder. When it comes down to it I have always heard that a K and N air filter doesn't do JACK for adding horsepower. Most of the guys on here will tell ya to run the stock air filter. I took my K and N back out a while ago and couldn't tell a difference at all. The only benefit of them is that they are reusable. I wish someone would do a DYNO run of a stock busa and then run it with a K and N and see just exactly what happens but I've never seen it yet.

Well I know that you guys say that a PC alone will make very little difference.  I also know that you guys say that bolt-ons make very little difference.  I also know that you guys say that bolt-ons + PC make very little difference.  Now having said all that, I have a 05 with about 7600 miles on her (Muzzy bolt-ons, pciiiusb and K&N), my buddy has an 03 with less than 4500 miles (completely stock).  They are like 2 different bikes.  My 05 seems to have more power.  I dunno maybe it is just the color since mine is an LE and the 05LE is the fastest color.

Don
I am just speaking from experience. I know when I first got my Busa I went that route thinking I would notice a difference and honestly just didn't. I was running RS3 Race Baffle bolt ons and a k and n filter with the PC. My throttle felt a LOT better and idle smoothed out but power wise I didn't feel anything. From what I have seen the most people squeeze out of what your talking is 2 MAAAAAYBE 3 HP on a great day. Thats being optomistic. I think the sound of the bolt ons just seems to make people think their bike is pulling harder. When it comes down to it I have always heard that a K and N air filter doesn't do JACK for adding horsepower. Most of the guys on here will tell ya to run the stock air filter. I took my K and N back out a while ago and couldn't tell a difference at all. The only benefit of them is that they are reusable. I wish someone would do a DYNO run of a stock busa and then run it with a K and N and see just exactly what happens but I've never seen it yet.
BB69,
I actually bought the bike used with the mods that are listed already installed. Future mods include, full HMF Dual high mount, pair mod, small air box, PC ignition module and a dyno tune. I will keep the K&N simply because it is cheaper (in the long run) to clean it than replace it.

As far as my bike pulling harder, it just seems like it does, I have ridden both bikes. You may be right, it may be the Muzzy cans (the sound freakin' awesome btw) that makes me think it is pulling harder. I have friends with full systems that don't sound as good as those Muzzys.

Don

Well my understanding, based on fellow boardmembers posts, is you wont get squat at a dyno showing increase in hp. What you do get with a PC is more of your availible torque sooner, much snaper crisper throtle response as well as a smother engine. (I'm talking stock bike) That of which I feel.
You should see a difference in 1/4 miles times but not peak hp at the dyno.

Of course with mods...(my understanding) to take full advantage of any modification (exhaust) a remap is essential. Then you should no only get the quicker response but also the HP gain.

I like mine...it's here to stay.

I just went through the same thing. I don't have a full exhaust, just slip ons and I have been noticing my times are getting slower at the track, so a friend and I disconnected my PC, and the bike picked back up without the PC!! So, the PC was actually hurting my performance. I guess I am gonna have to buy a full system now!! Anybody got a CHEAP used one (perhaps a takeoff) laying around?? If so PM me please!!

Back