Ordered My Power Commander III

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
After running around in this forum trying to figure out why my bike is running rich, i figured it will be a good idea to just throw in the power commander. So i pulled the trigger and ordered new PC III USB for 275. Now is there anything i need to know for self installing/ mapping? Any tips from you all experienced folks would be appreciated.

I thought with stock bike you dont need tuning?

Shouldn't need a PC3 if it's stock either to keep it from running rich, I wonder if something else is causing the problem. Have you checked your mpg???

Sorry maybe some techy's here can be of real help. You have good plugs clean air filter maybe there is something wrong with it :dunno:

Shouldn't need a PC3 if it's stock either to keep it from running rich, I wonder if something else is causing the problem. Have you checked your mpg???

Sorry maybe some techy's here can be of real help. You have good plugs clean air filter maybe there is something wrong with it :dunno:
Yep a stock bike running rich means there's a problem. Fixing the problem is your best bet, not sticking a pc on it...thats called compounding your problem :laugh:

23 mpgs freeway with crazy backfiring. max i ever get is 30 and roughly about 90 miles for a tank of gas. Evereything has been checked !! no vaccum leaks, tb syncd, 6200 miles on bike.... stock bike with only k & n filter.

The pc is not going to "fix" your problem. It may correct a few symptoms you are seeing but it will not correct the problem you bike has. A stock busa does not act like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read numerous posts from Newbie on his MPG problem and he has a laundry list of things he has looked at or replaced to fix the problem. Although, the problem is still there and I agree that a PCIII is not the solution, only a bandaid.

I would probably do the same thing though if I were faced with 23 MPG on the highway and no fix action in sight.

Stock ECU is not stupid and has a map which should meter the fuel properly. If it doesn't, this means for whatever reason, the ECU thinks it needs to meter more fuel.

I would be looking into defective/unadjusted sensors. For example, if you TPS is not adjusted properly, the ECU might think you are opening the throttle more than you actually are, thus metering more fuel.

Same could be said about defective MAP sensor. The ECU might be mislead by the sensor thinking you've got more air pressure than you actually have, thus the ECU gives more fuel.

Backfiring would be consistent with the misture being rich.

I would have spent the $300.00 for PC III (then the $300.00 it will cost for the tune), and just have a shop look at it.

FIXED! Just installed my PCIII and trew in stock map from power commander site and :cheerleader:... getting right around 31 now city took for a 4 mile spin.. and gave it nice 6k+ rpm runs and guess what.. no backfiring! Throttle feels good and engine sounds good!

Glad you resolved the issue. At least for now.

Keep in mind that if the issue re-appears after a while, this would mean whatever condition caused the original problem, this condition is deteriorating (i.e. worsens).

Glad this fixed it. Still something wasn't right with this problem, so I wouldn't be surprised when the issue worsens, your problem may re-appear. Keep an eye for it.

Glad this fixed it. Still something wasn't right with this problem, so I wouldn't be surprised when the issue worsens, your problem may re-appear. Keep an eye for it.

I bought it used like 1k miles ago.. so i have no idea what set up first owner had.. i mean it only had 5k miles on it and looked like it had pc on it before and owner probably took it off and i think that made bnike run rich.. i had it diagnosed before buying PC and nothing helped.. mechanic even "zeroed" out map... dont know what that means but that didnt help either... hoping someone here will have a map for stock busa with K & n for me.. right now i am just running the stock one from powercommander website... next month i am going to get some r77's or rs-3 cf and then i will have it dynoed and tuned...

The stock map from PC worked great in my bike,no need to remap for an air filter.
Wait till you do the exhaust and get a custom map done.:beerchug:

Back