kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
Posting jokes and videos in the random section and then having them moved to playground or video section is a little bothersome, seems there is too many sub categories. Anyone else feel this way?

You were PM'd to post your joke threads in The Playground to start with. If you had a question you could have replied to me.

Posting jokes and videos in the random section and then having them moved to playground or video section is a little bothersome, seems there is too many sub categories. Anyone else feel this way?

We asked that you place your videos starting in the videos section to begin with. There is a whole thread that covers the hows and why's. You chose not to follow the new guidelines and now you're upset because they get moved or deleted... Change isn't always easy but most often necessary...

Cap

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/139360-changes-posting-videos.html

You were PM'd to post your joke threads in The Playground to start with. If you had a question you could have replied to me.

You moved them, then asked me to put them in there, wich I will. I will play by the rules. Just want other peoples opinions on this is all.

My opinion .
Don't rock Cap or Aces boat as it's their ship to steer .
Not all will like all but this place is the cleanest most informative forum you'll find.
I agree there seem to be alot of sub-forums but it doesn't bother me as I only click one tab and that's the 'new posts' one.
It shows everything new since last time I was here .
Easy :)

I think the video section is a great idea. It keeps from having to search through a bunch of sections to find on vid when you can just go to one. Just as easy to post it in the correct section as it is in the random thoughts.

My opinion .
Don't rock Cap or Aces boat as it's their ship to steer .
Not all will like all but this place is the cleanest most informative forum you'll find.
I agree there seem to be alot of sub-forums but it doesn't bother me as I only click one tab and that's the 'new posts' one.
It shows everything new since last time I was here .
Easy :)

Honestly it isnt about Cap or Ace its about what needs to be done to help the members...

Having too much data can be worse than not having enough... We have learned by experience that just letting people post whatever they want whereever they want causes problems.. We try to keep the site and forums sorted out so that it will help people find the data they are looking for... I can see in real time what searches are being made, very seldom do we see a search for something funny, most of the time the searches are for exhaust, parts, tires, fluids, service and things like that... By segmenting the site a little and keeping the data organized (behind the scenes we work a little magic too) helps new folks find what they are looking for....

So in the end just following along and keeping up after yourslef and posting in the right areas may seem trivial but it really helps the next guy....

Just look at the new videos section, how many times has a video been posted in the forum then you can't find it again... Well now all those videos are stored in one place making it much easier to find not to mention being able to see at a glance what is new, what is hot and what others are looking at....

This is about members helping members... its not always about cap, or the admins but about the group as a whole.....

cap

Not to many categories imo, a place for everything :thumbsup: Changes seem to be pretty good for me. Since I use the "new post" to see what's up I usually don't even notice where the thread starter placed it. When starting a thread seems pretty clear where to place it.

Rules is rules and all you have to do is follow them. If folks have differing opinions that don't jive with what is here they can run their own forum. I can tell you from being on other forums...this is one of the cleanest forums out there allowing ease of access to data and simply stated "rules of the road" to follow. It can be disconcerting when you post a thread one place only to have someone else come behind you and move it.

Your thread is a piece of you and there is some ownership...but! Ownership is only by permission. I understand your angst...but don't get to worked up over it. Doug and all the mods work very hard at keeping things in order.

How about some pics of your bike or a ride you have recently done?

I said it was bothersome. Not upsetting, I also said I would play by the rules. It was just my opinion.

This is the least cluttered forum I have ever been a member of...so no, I can't imagine that this place would have too many sub-forums. Sometimes I'm amazed at how relaxed you guys can be about things...which is the way I like it. :)

Back