possibly bent output shaft

tcbusa

Registered
well hey guys im newer here to the forum and would appreciate some help. ive got a 2006 hayabusa with a hahn stage one. dynoed at 252hp and 133tq to the wheel a year back. totally stock chassis no arm or extension, stock chain and sprockets, only thing not stock is recently added sensie stiffer cush drive rubbers. so far 10500 miles not a lick of problems(9000 miles being boosted). to start things off recently i did a overhaul(replaced fork seals and rear cush drive rubbers , i used stiffer sensie brand name i believe from schnitz) to get to the point i was riding up the highway at 70 and some car almost swerved into my lane so i downshifted a few and rocketed ahead until the engine spun out and redlined. i could feel the bike go slower then faster then slower. the chain was going really tight then sloppy. i got it back in my shop and the chain was 6" sloppy. i believe i bent the output shaft. i took the cover off today and yep it is. i started the engine and u can visually see the shaft wobble about a 1/4" side to side. i thought the shaft was good for stage one setups?? i believe swapping the rubbers out for stiffer ones caused there to be more shock on the drive system. Also the shaft isnt bent on the visual end nor broken nor splines stripped. i think the bearings on the inside got destroyed because when it happened the chain would go tight then loose again and again then stopped and was smooth as i got off the road so i believe when it got bent it wore out the bearings to take up for the bentness. Ive never heard this happening before so any help would be much appreciated guys. anyone heard of this happening?? thanks

excessive stress on the bearing per an overtightened chain can destroy them.

Get ready to drop the motor if the shaft is actually rotating as described.

thanks for the link. by the way i dont think the chain was too tight?. had 1.5" freeplay. shoot i havent adjusted it for over 5000 miles. a too tight chain would definently do it in. but motor is on its way out definently somethin toasted. anyone know if the heavy duty shafts from hayabusazone or any others come with the bearings too?

thanks for the link. by the way i dont think the chain was too tight?. had 1.5" freeplay. shoot i havent adjusted it for over 5000 miles. a too tight chain would definently do it in. but motor is on its way out definently somethin toasted. anyone know if the heavy duty shafts from hayabusazone or any others come with the bearings too?

Call Jay at APE...he'll take care of you.

IF the shaft isn't bent....I wouldn't replace it....my $.02

You might want to consider a HD output shaft. Suzuki felt it was needed when they upped the power on the 08 models.

Add another 2 cents. With a turbo I believe very strong in replacing the output shaft with a heavy duty billet shaft. I replaced mine when I blow up the motor the first time.

Call Jay at APE...he'll take care of you.

IF the shaft isn't bent....I wouldn't replace it....my $.02

Definently will be replacing with a heavy duty shaft. I'm taking the motor out now. Anyone know where I can get the special spindle socket for the motor bolts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back on the road again,shaft was cracked severely and bent..Thanks Josh for the business.

Back