Possibly a dumb question: 1pc suits over clothes?

BowDown

Registered
I'm just wondering if you typically wear a 1pc race suit over any clothes outside of underwear? Or if they are designing to take into account a pair of jeans, or maybe just shorts and a tshirt?

Looking to get a 1pc for drag racing this year.

I wear lightweight long johns under mine - not much room for anything heavier and it helps getting the suit off after getting all sweaty. Joe Rocket makes a liner:

rocket_liner.jpg

Nothing at all....
coolold.gif
OR.... some boxers and a short sleeve (if it's hot), or UnderArmour top and bottom....... suit needs to be tight, no rug burns inside the suit...know what I mean Vern
rock.gif
?........

Go commando, just dont post up a used suit for sale in the Gear section.
laugh.gif

Wow! If you're able to wear street clothes underneath a 1 pc, then your 1 pc is too big for you. They're designed to fit snug, yet comfortably over the body. If you go down, you can get asphalt/leather burn to your skin b/c the suit ends up moving around and causing friction if it's too big.

But, you should be able to wear something like UnderArmour pant leggings and a long sleeve spandex-like material that will wick sweat from your body but will also aid in removing your leathers even in hot weather. That's what I use and it works PERFECTLY.

I would rather have a 2pc suit, that way you can unzip the jacket from the pants and use it by itself or whatever. I wear my leathers loose in the waist and thighs, but tight around the legs. Just more comfortable to me. Of course I just run 1/8mile at a time. Road Racing is totally different.
thumb_up.gif

Wow! If you're able to wear street clothes underneath a 1 pc, then your 1 pc is too big for you. They're designed to fit snug, yet comfortably over the body. If you go down, you can get asphalt/leather burn to your skin b/c the suit ends up moving around and causing friction if it's too big.

But, you should be able to wear something like UnderArmour pant leggings and a long sleeve spandex-like material that will wick sweat from your body but will also aid in removing your leathers even in hot weather. That's what I use and it works PERFECTLY.
+1,000,000

I only wear a light cotton T, short or long sleeve, underwear, socks and chest/back armor. Anything else and the leathers will twist around you limbs and body moving the padding and surfaces that are designed to take the punishment will not be where they need to be.

I also went with a 2-piece that zips together all the way around. That way I can take off my jacket when I stop for a break on a hot day. Yes it's rare for us to get a hot day in the PNW, but it does happen.

+1,000,000

I only wear a light cotton T, short or long sleeve, underwear, socks and chest/back armor.  Anything else and the leathers will twist around you limbs and body moving the padding and surfaces that are designed to take the punishment will not be where they need to be.

I also went with a 2-piece that zips together all the way around.  That way I can take off my jacket when I stop for a break on a hot day.  Yes it's rare for us to get a hot day in the PNW, but it does happen.
+2,000,000

If your suit doesn't fit right, then it won't do its job protecting effectively. If its not effectively protecting you, why wear it?

t-shirt and shorts/boxers
or underarmour

underarmour, helps with the sweat and makes it alot easier getting in/out of the suite.

for winter ridding a wear a two piece that's a bit bigger so I can get my longjohns and heatead undergear on. With all of that on they fit snug. Loose is bad in a crash.

I just use a brush to paint my leather suit on...
laugh.gif

IMG_9253.jpg

Actually, I just lost 12 lbs, so my suit fits perfect now. Amazing what eating good food and stop drinking will do...
clap.gif

I just use a brush to paint my leather suit on...  
laugh.gif

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/?action=view¤t=IMG_9253.jpg" target="_blank">
IMG_9253.jpg

Actually, I just lost 12 lbs, so my suit fits perfect now. Amazing what eating good food and stop drinking will do...
clap.gif
you stopped drinking? Since when? this morning?

Actually Gary, the night you talked my ear off (Easter Sunday) was the 1st time in over a week! I earned that day Sir.....

Back