Possible fron rotor problem

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Changed front tire and balanced then replaced brake pads. Drained out 1/2 brake reservoir fluid and pushed the caliper pistons back. Everything went well but had to pump brake lever several times to get it to pump up and hold pressure.

Did about 400 miles today and when I got home I pushed the bike into the garage and could hear the pads contacting (scretching) against the rotor. I felt the cluth side rotor and it was too hot to keep my hand on the other side was lukewarm. I think either the caliper isn't retracting the piston or maybe I needed to clean the pin or check the run out of the rotor. Lets hope the rotor isn't bend or something like that. Maybe the caliper needs bled. Anyone else run into this problem? Bash is coming soon ..it's always something!!Wardie

clutch side rotor is bent. Not actually the rotor but the spider that it affixs to with the roller pins then the spider bolts to the wheel. I am taking the wheel to a machinist maybe he can straighten the spider? Time is running short to fix this and get to the Bash. Man it's ughly right now. Wardie

Wardie: When are you anticipating leaving for the Bash?

Thursday morning as long as I can find another rotor. We bent the spider slightly and now as they say in NASA Wardie you have a problem.

You riding or trailering the bike to the bash ? Someone might be able to help you at the bash. I bent my brake side rotor changing a tire once. No questions, I couldn't keep my front brakes pumped up because of it. Those rotors are very delicate

Three guys, one soft mallet and a piece of wood and a dial indicator= rotor stright enough to ride... riding to the Bash expect to be in around 6pm Thursday. I'll check in at Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge then Friday morning visit and get my arm tag for Fridays dinner. looking forward to meeting all of you. Wardie:cheerleader:

Make sure you stop from time to time and check the temp on that rotor. Don't want a front rotor explosion.

Back