Possible clutch issue?

69ls1

Registered
Ever since I put the heavy duty clutch springs in the clutch seems to drag just a little bit with the clutch pulled in. It does not drag enough to move the bike though. I put Schnitz HD springs in it. It had 4 heavy duty springs and 2 super heavy duty spring in the kit. Is this normal or is it an issue?

Thanks.

Yeah, it's possible that since you have fresh heavy springs that with your clutch all the way in it isn't spreading the clutches apart as much as it used to.

No big deal as long as it doesn't bother you.

Have you tried adjusting the clutch lever out another notch? or you could try bleeding the system? I run the APE hd springs with no problem.

I did bleed the system. I will check the plates to see if the are still flat. I didn't ever think of that.

are you running a slave support?
could it be flexing a little?

did you bleed the clutch with a mighty vac?
it might not be a perfect bleed
i ve found if not bleed right it will not be a good strong clutch lever

I just put a slave support on it this week and no change. I may not need all the spring pressure either, that will be worth a try also.

Found it. I put a pair of the Throttlemeister bar ends on a while back and apparently my clutch handle just touch it. I clearanced the bar ends and everything is normal. It was only holding the clutch handle out about 1/16 to 1/8 inch. Not much.

Back