Possible California Vacation spots

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So me and the wifey are trying to plan a trip to california in the next 5-6 months. We are going to take the kids and would to be able to see some scenic areas, maybe do some camping, hopefully (if i can convince her) bring the bike. Anyone know of any good spots for camping or scenic stuff to do with the kids? Kinda thinking of seeing what Pashnit is doing around that time............:laugh:

Looked at the Redwood National Park and that might be a cool spot, but need some ideas?

Sounds like fun. Im taking the fam to disneyland next month with a stop in San Diego for the day to see my brother and spend some time at the beach. I can't wait.

huntington lake. you can rent a log cabin near the lake, rent a boat for the weekend, fish, swim, hike, it's a great spot. if i was still in CA, i'd see if the family cabin was gonna be empty that weekend and drag my wife out too. jeez, a weekend in the mountains sounds friggin amazing right now.

Take the family to see the BIG TREEs. I go every two or three years. Last year I rode the bike. Had a blast. Hope to do it again in the fall.

Didn't say if you mean southern Cal, central Cal, northern Cal, or all of it? Kids would love Disneyland and Magic Mtn. Yosemite is a must see...Lake Tahoe basin is just drop dead gorgeous with lots of relatively easy hiking and camping from Camp Richardson. It isn't more than hour drive from Lake Tahoe to Virginia City and the silver mines if you are coming into california from that area of the state. You can go to Sutter Mill near Placerville...near Sacramento..to see where Gold was discovered. San Francisco is a wonderful town to visit with great restaraunts and views. Hearst Castle is a must see if you are in Central California...filthy rich mansion built by Mr. Hearst in the early 1900's...in San Simeon. The giant redwood trees are always gorgeous...can get a glimpse of them slightly north of San Francisco on the highway...name escapes me. Joshua Tree national park is a great one nighter if it isn't during the hot season. Hope it helps a little...

I had my family stay with me in San Diego for an entire summer. Deep sea fishing, hang out at the beach, Lego Land, Sea World, Disney Land, sit at the pool and hot tub every night. It was a rough summer....

Coming from phoenix, prolly central california would be good north cali may be an option

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Back