Spot or Sidewalk

as a former cager, i hate it when bikes take up a whole spot. so if i can park my bike out of the way on the sidewalk (wide sidewalks) then i will. if there isn't much room there, i'll park in an open spot, with as much open space as i can snag. hell, if i thought i could get away with it, i'd park inside the store. :rofl:

Plenty of dedicated Motorcycle parking in my city (Brisbane) you can park on the side walk as long as it is within the boundary of the building ( must be 3 meters or 9 feet from the curb)

ALWAYS on the sidewalk. I've had a bike toasted in a parking spot. It was a rare event but... the guy had no use of his legs,his car had hand controls,but here's the kicker...he was totally plastered,drunk beyond belief.He hit my bike,knocked it over,got it hooked underneath,backed up 30 feet with tires smoking,went forward,backed up again,went forward,backed up,and finally left his piece of crap car on top of my bike.When the wrecker showed up he hoisted the cars front bumper a few feet off the ground and me and a cop had to wrestle my bike out. The cop then told me he was going to have this guys licence pulled forever. It was not my Busa...it was just a Yamaha. I have also been known to park my bike INSIDE hotel rooms...:whistle:

RSD.

Only time I park in a spot round here is when im at work. (pretty much only person here) or when I go to a bike friendly place. (spots are barricaded off from those pesky cagers)

Other wise its up on the sidewalk or as stated earlier end of a row in the yellow stripes by a light pole.

As for the ticket question. has not happened. ive been asked to move my bike to a different spot like 10 feet one way or another, ive even been asked if they could take it for a spin.

:poke: who parks the bike and gets off it? when mine is parked its in my garage or at bike night 20 feet away from me

I always park in a spot! On the sidewalk there is a better chance some moron will touch or let there kids sit on you bike(hate that). Chances are alot slimmer in a spot. Don't get me wrong I love to show off my ride but I just get uneasy when people get too close:laugh:

heh, not when there's a skull and crossbones on the back of your helmet, and it's on the bike:laugh:

Back