Pos input or Constructive criticism

Sorry bout that, let me clarify. How long to delivery from the time of order. [/QUOTE]

Depends on how you want it delivered. Shipping it through UPS shouldnt take no longer than 3 days, if I have it in stock. You have the option of paying by pay pal, but money order and checks will have to be cleared before shipping the part, so this may add a few more days to. Because of all the fraudent money order activty that has been going on I will be treating money orders as personal checks as well .

Thanks Gary !
No dice on the price yet, Midnight !
rock.gif
Working on it.

well thats cool on the exhange i just thought since it used most of the old undertail something like that would go over.

Just let me know on a price then later on and see what extra it might be to add a water tank into the rear area
cool.gif
thanks

ain't nothing but pimpin, dawg...nuttin but str8 pimpn.

Mind if you let somma dat "Mojo" rub off on me? This island boy here has got to work somma dat magic...
cool.gif

Looks good all in all, bro....lookin damn good.
thumbs-up.gif

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:10.94

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ain't nothing but pimpin, dawg...nuttin but str8 pimpn.

Mind if you let somma dat "Mojo" rub off on me? This island boy here has got to work somma dat magic...

Looks good all in all, bro....lookin damn good. [/QUOTE]

Sendn a can of it your way Playa
laugh.gif

I like the tag bracket. I'd like ya to have a with or without option. Personally I like the Silver one shown as we have the same color tailsection. I am thinking there will be room for 6 bottles once the framework is brought into the picture ( the bottom right 1/2 full bottle looks like it will be obstructed by the Bike's rear frame but I could be wrong) Even it it is 6.75 bottles it is a far cry above the 1 we have room for now. I am a weekend racer and see no reason why I can't use this at the dragstrip. My bike isn't stretched (yet) or slammed to the third hole and the Good Lord Knows I could use the room! I stuffed an air shifter tank back there, ignition kill box, small tool bag, and had to mount the Air Compressor on the outside of the trunk inbetween the tailsection skin and the frame. Looks like you just went deeper and not wider so i won't hafta relocate the compressor to the inside
smile.gif

You need to make some integrated LED Turn signals optional as well.

As far as price goes look up what everybody else is chargin' and give us board members $50 off
tounge.gif

I'm interested
wink.gif

Rythem, I like the looks of the molded in plate locator. The only reason my plates on the swingarm now is I didn't like the look of the cheap ass carbon thingy that came with the tail THAT DID NOT MATCH UP TO STANDARD PLATE HOLES.............Anyways, I like the additional storage as long as it doesn't interferre with the wiring. I've already had the problem of my carry on stuff (camera) hitting my turn bulb socket and causing me to loose the bulb.

The only other thing I can think of is the fact I don't like the stock tail lens cover and prefer the TopGun or UFO, but I'm guessing there's copyright sh#t involved there..........soooooo.

MoosesBusa
Seasoned Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.91

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the tag bracket. I'd like ya to have a with or without option. Personally I like the Silver one shown as we have the same color tailsection. I am thinking there will be room for 6 bottles once the framework is brought into the picture ( the bottom right 1/2 full bottle looks like it will be obstructed by the Bike's rear frame but I could be wrong) Even it it is 6.75 bottles it is a far cry above the 1 we have room for now. I am a weekend racer and see no reason why I can't use this at the dragstrip. My bike isn't stretched (yet) or slammed to the third hole and the Good Lord Knows I could use the room! I stuffed an air shifter tank back there, ignition kill box, small tool bag, and had to mount the Air Compressor on the outside of the trunk inbetween the tailsection skin and the frame. Looks like you just went deeper and not wider so i won't hafta relocate the compressor to the inside  
You need to make some integrated LED Turn signals optional as well.

As far as price goes look up what everybody else is chargin' and give us board members $50 off  
I'm interested   [/QUOTE]

First, thank you for taking the time to read the thread from the beginning, as you can see most of your question have  been answered already. Personally I dont think you will be able to drop the bike down to the third hole on the dog bones when doing street riding but you might be able to get away with run'n it down a with out any problems but I wouldnt know for sure right now.

Second this mod doesnt include sidewalls, so  you should be able to stuff alittle bit more stuff in there  between the  undertail sub frame structure to the inner of the plastic tail.

Excuse the mess you see here, normally the inside will appear like the exterior. Here I laminated the insides with sound proofing for deading any vibrations from the sub enclosure in the tail section

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118068788 -->

DSC02109.JPG

Rythem, I like the looks of the molded in plate locator.  The only reason my plates on the swingarm now is I didn't like the look of the cheap ass carbon thingy that came with the tail THAT DID NOT MATCH UP TO STANDARD PLATE HOLES.............Anyways, I like the additional storage as long as it doesn't interferre with the wiring.  I've already had the problem of my carry on stuff (camera) hitting my turn bulb socket and causing me to loose the bulb.

The only other thing I can think of is the fact I don't like the stock tail lens cover and prefer the TopGun or UFO, but I'm guessing there's copyright sh#t involved there..........soooooo.[/QUOTE]

Theres a patent pending on my kit to as we speak.  Also I wont be making any other changes to it other than removing the license plate bracket. I figure theres enough eye poppn trick stuff out there for the Busa but not enough useable trick items.

How this for storage space
rock.gif

post-6-85868-dsc02102.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118068652 -->

Here she iz sittn on blocks  
laugh.gif

post-6-69675-dsc02115.jpg

If I were to buy one, yours would be the one. Just because of the space.
[/QUOTE]

Now thats sum motovasunol speakn fo ya. Thanks for the kind words, Champ
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118069910 -->

DSC02115.JPG

For clarification...you are making these out of Fiberglass? I saw on page one the question was asked plastic, fiberglass or carbon fiber. you're reply was... no fiberglass. I took it to mean that you would use NO fiberglass. I was wrong and you meant.... no, Fiberglass is what I will be using?
Are you concerned about cracking? Sorry, Obviously not or else you would have sought another material...DUH! Errr Rather ... How have you eliminated the cracking issue that is prevolent in other fiberglass products?
Finally.... You forgot to answer my question about integrated turn signals. Do you plan on having any to offer that will be part of your undertail? or was that addressed by the statement that, "you will be making no more modifications other than deleting the LP bracket"? I really think it would increase its popularity not to mention adding a couple bucks into the bank account if you solved the turn signal elimination / relocation problem while you were at it???

For clarification...you are making these out of Fiberglass? I saw on page one the question was asked plastic, fiberglass or carbon fiber. you're reply was... no fiberglass. I took it to mean that you would use NO fiberglass. I was wrong and you meant.... no, Fiberglass is what I will be using?
 Are you concerned about cracking? Sorry, Obviously not or else you would have sought another material...DUH!    Errr Rather ... How have you eliminated the cracking issue that is prevolent in other fiberglass products?[/QUOTE]

Eventually and hopefully I would like to produce the parts using urethane plastic but for the time being it appears  I will be using glass for the time.

Are you concerned about cracking? Sorry, Obviously not or else you would have sought another material...DUH!    Errr Rather ... How have you eliminated the cracking issue that is prevolent in other fiberglass products?[/QUOTE]

I'm not concerned with stress cracks only because the part that is being exposed to the viewing eye has more than enough support in its on  original design to avoid stress crackn

Finally.... You forgot to answer my question about integrated turn signals. Do you plan on having any to offer that will be part of your undertail? or was that addressed by the statement that, "you will be making no more modifications other than deleting the LP bracket"? I really think it would increase its popularity not to mention adding a couple bucks into the bank account if you solved the turn signal elimination / relocation problem while you were at it???[/QUOTE]

At this time my brutha <span style='color:red'>LESS IS BEST</span>.  As suggested by the majority it would appear I can make some extra cheese by selling a license plate bracket as an add on option generating more doe .($$$$)
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118072203 -->

Are you concerned about cracking? Sorry, Obviously not or else you would have sought another material...DUH!    Errr Rather ... How have you eliminated the cracking issue that is prevolent in other fiberglass products?
  Finally.... You forgot to answer my question about integrated turn signals. Do you plan on having any to offer that will be part of your undertail? or was that addressed by the statement that, "you will be making no more modifications other than deleting the LP bracket"? I really think it would increase its popularity not to mention adding a couple bucks into the bank account if you solved the turn signal elimination / relocation problem while you were at it???
I am betting he plans to use a Polyester weave matting with a 2 part resin as a structural agent. Many people would easily call it "fiberglass" and be done with it.

"fiberglass" or any other type of polyester only crack from impact stress if the product is made properly.

What turn signals do you wish offered?

ICEMANN sells awesome tail lights with turn signals in the works. I've personally been waiting on them for over 6 months, very pricey though. Lockhart phillips offers many led tail or turn signal possiblities.

I am betting he plans to use a Polyester weave matting with a 2 part resin as a structural agent. Many people would easily call it "fiberglass" and be done with it.
[/QUOTE]

Yep yep, all resins are consider re enforcement for glass matting (Matrix).

What turn signals do you wish offered?[/QUOTE]

I dont believe the turn signals JD (Icemann) sell will be applicable with the stock tail light housing Gary, if thats what you're suggesting for him to do.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118076226 -->

Yep yep, all resins are consider re enforcement for glass matting (Matrix).

What turn signals do you wish offered?[/QUOTE]

I dont believe the turn signals JD (Icemann) sell will be applicable with the stock tail light housing Gary, if thats what you're suggesting for him to do.[/QUOTE]
Welp like I said, its a polyester. Meaning a fabric made of strands (to not go into great detail). True "glass" is made from silica or particles found in sand. Not all mattings or fabrics used in process which would be called "fiberglassing" are/or have glass particles in them. Its a broad stereotypical description. Its like calling all brownish black soft drinks a Coke.

IF you have the flat mounting point like an OEM fender does you SHOULD be able to mount pretty much ANY taillight, even the ICEMANN version.

IF you have the flat mounting point like an OEM fender does you SHOULD be able to mount pretty much ANY taillight, even the ICEMANN version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, true that Gary, but if you look closely in the photo I provided earlier you notice my version doesnt offer the flat spot your referring to for mounting of any kind.

Good lQQkn again as alwayz, Champ.

super.gif

Back