Motrax Windstop Helmet Skirt

Monty

Registered
Not long ago TruWrecks started a post <A HREF=https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=25281;hl=helmet+skirt>here</A>
about the quietest helmets. Hayavegas posted about the Motrax helmet skirt but no one had any experience with it. I decided that I'd take one for the team so I ordered it up late last week. I normally try to wear ear plugs, but I've been known to listen, or try to listen, to my Ipod while riding out in the boonies.

I just got confirmation today the the skirt will arrive at my house on Friday, just in time for my ride on Saturday. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up, in case anyone was interested in the product. I'll do up a review, with pics, on Friday and Saturday and let you know how the thing works.

Monty

Once I bought one at cycle gear, and I walked outside and tried to put it on a HJC CL-14 XL helmet...and it didnt fit, so I took it back inside and got my money back.

I havent tried it on my other helmets that I have bought since then. But it was a kind of rubbery stretchy material, and it felt like it would hold up nicely...-it just didnt fit that particular helmet.

Good luck. I am sure it will cut wind noise because I have covered the open area under my chin while riding -with my hand and it cut the wind noise in a huge way.

Read about em here too , interested to hear what you think.Could be handy for those cold rides..

I am sure it will cut wind noise because I have covered the open area under my chin while riding -with my hand and it cut the wind noise in a huge way.
I've tried the same thing. I'm currently riding with a Shoei...I believe it's a TZ-1, not sure without going to the garage, anyhoo...I'll try to cover all the bases and snap some good pics of fitment etc. If it works like I hope it will be a great solution for me as I'm just too damn lazy to put ear plugs in my ears consistently...not to mention they drive me crazy after awhile.

I'll keep you guys posted....

I dont intend to get one for me-self ... but any info is greatly appriciated
wink.gif

Thanks in advance for the road test Monty.
No worries. That's one of the best things about this board is people's first hand experiences with gear and mods and parts etc. I can't bust out anything flashy since I'm po, and we just had our first kid, but this I can swing. Figured I might as well do it up right. Might help someone find a great piece of gear or help a bunch of people save their 15 bucks....we'll see. Happy to contribute.

id like to know how the ipod werx while riding... i bought a sim deal but have yet to try it. I kinda doubted id be able to hear much. lemme know how you liked yours.

Back