POLL: What Insurance do you have?

What kind of insurance do you have for your Busa?

• Full coverage including theft.

Votes: 171 75.7%
  • Collision & Liability but no theft.

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Minimum coverage, Liability only.

Votes: 33 14.6%
  • What's insurance?

Votes: 12 5.3%

• Total voters

bazooki

Registered
With all the threads about crashes and thefts lately I was just wondering what kind of insurance situation most riders here are in? My Busa is just a toy for me and I don't ride to work or leave it anywhere outside the home garage for now so I don't have theft insurance due to the cost (yes, I did have a bike stolen once). I do have collision and liability.

i paid too much for my baby to have anything less then full coverage. 2 of my riding buudies had their bikes stolen at the beach last weekend at the same time. it can happen to anybody

With all the threads about crashes and thefts lately I was just wondering what kind of insurance situation most riders here are in? My Busa is just a toy for me and I don't ride to work or leave it anywhere outside the home garage for now so I don't have theft insurance due to the cost (yes, I did have a bike stolen once). I do have collision and liability.

With my experience here in the States I've always found that comprehensive (theft) is cheap, usually just a couple hundred a year. Collision on the other hand is really expensive depending on what company you go with. Is it different in Canada?

I have full coverage for my bike since it's a daily rider.

With my experience here in the States I've always found that comprehensive (theft) is cheap, usually just a couple hundred a year. Collision on the other hand is really expensive depending on what company you go with. Is it different in Canada?

I have full coverage for my bike since it's a daily rider.

Well, when I checked for theft on the Busa I think it was an extra $300 or so but they also required an alarm system or no coverage. The cost of the alarm is a one time cost but still makes it quite a bit more for the first year, especially if you turn bikes over on a regular basis and have to keep buying alarms.

No insurance can,t swing it. Every company I tried was above 6k for a year.

If you try insuring a car as well as the bike your ins. on the bike will be significantly lower and car ins. about the same if not less. this being with progressive:cheerleader:

My driving record not so good speed wise but I finally found a company that didn't want like 6K a year it's viking ins. I have full coverage comp/collision/uninsured motorist bout $120.00 a month. Otherwise I was in tha same boat as a lot of others however if you already have state farm you can get a killer deal on bike ins. Mind you if I have a claim I won't hold my breath for them to settle it but I also bought the Gap ins. from the dealer.

Re: POLL: What Insurance do you have?

If you try insuring a car as well as the bike your ins. on the bike will be significantly lower and car ins. about the same if not less. this being with progressive:cheerleader:

With my car insurance I the lowest quote I was able to get was 2K a year. Which was still unacceptable for the amount of time I would be riding the bike. Car got repoed on thursday so thats no longer an option anyway. Insurance rates are kinda special in some parts of Miami

Re: POLL: What Insurance do you have?

With my car insurance I the lowest quote I was able to get was 2K a year. Which was still unacceptable for the amount of time I would be riding the bike. Car got repoed on thursday so thats no longer an option anyway. Insurance rates are kinda special in some parts of Miami

Nothing like brutal honesty. At least you still have your bike. Hope things turn around for you bro.

Back