Political threads??????

Name calling (argumentum ad hominem) not rational, just another form of credibility
suicide. So give'm nuff rope. I'm all for discussions here, but I'll scratch your eyes
out, if you tick me off.:laugh:

No problem. This is where forum discussion frequenty go bad. One person reads a response differently than intended, but instead of clarifying the intent as you did, retaliates to the message they thought was being sent.

Anyone,,,, can PM me,, anytime they want. I will always answer. I am cordial and will always move to resolve. I do have my days, but I do what I can to keep my head about me. If I ever am wrong, I WILL stand corrected. I am never to proud to not admit fault.

More than anything,, I do like to laugh,,, and at myself! :laugh: Maybe I will post something funny. It beats all of this back and forth stuff? Don't you agree? :hello:

This site gets really boring without an occasion injection of drama of one sort or another.
I agree...thats the only reason I miss the political threads, all the drama and hurt feelings :laugh: Personally politics themselves bore me, I prefer to use my vote to show my opinion, not flap my gums on the internet about it. Thats just me tho :laugh:

I thought the Lady Gaga comment would get a laugh, maybe even cause someone to blow Gatorade out their nose :whistle:

I thought the Lady Gaga comment would get a laugh, maybe even cause someone to blow Gatorade out their nose :whistle:

I didn't know that Carl's Jr had blue PowerAide until the other day! I had a huge cup of that! :laugh:

And what is up with Lady Gaga at the MTV Music awards,, was she trying to be the Phantom Of The Opera?

Name calling (argumentum ad hominem) not rational, just another form of credibility
suicide. So give'm nuff rope. I'm all for discussions here, but I'll scratch your eyes
out, if you tick me off.:laugh:

I'm wondering,,, ???

How would you scratch anyone's eyes out with a rope? :laugh: :cheerleader:

I think this thread is a good example of how things could be. There are varying opinions and points of view being expressed in this thread. We are discussing them as a group of adults without name calling or mud slinging, even though we aren't seeing eye to eye on the subject. If all threads were kept to this level, there wouldn't be a need for moderation.

I think this is the best response posted to my questions. Pity the self-moderation method has already failed miserably.

this is a private site.....and can be censored as the owner sees fit. you have the right to leave if that is not accptable.

there a number of reason why we cannot debate.

1. nobody wants to debate. most just want to sya what they feel, an want to be supported by like minded individuals. that is why most of the posts contain few facts, only feelings and opinion

2. lack of fact. nobody wants to know the truth. they want to vent, they want critisize. we constantly complain about the media and its lack of research or bias.....yet how many times in the last 2 months has someone posted some inflammatory article they got from thier favorite propaganda site.....only to have proven wrong by SNOPES...

debate invloves fact, it ok to voice your opinion.....but you have to be able accept that you may be wrong....especially if you are presented with facts.

You're missing the point. Please read the thread again.

Back