please, tell me this isnt what makes....

Wasn't Rambo a tough guy?  Sled, Va, Snake, Rev, Thash, Bullet, what do you think?
Guys like Rambo are too testosterone laden! That's too tough...

Clint Eastwood is tough...and Mel Gibson when he played William Wallace in Braveheart (aaahhhhhh...Mel in a loin cloth)...oops, sorry...I'm a Mel stalker...
tounge.gif

I have to say that for me, hunting for sport bothers me if you are not going to eat what you get.  Some animals should never be bothered because there is no real reason to want to eat one such as a Lion or Tiger.  I happen to have a job that takes me to Africa a lot and I will be honest, I shoot everything.  But, with a camera.  I will admit that I still go Duck hunting with my brother once a year in North Dakota but we eat each and every one of them.

Someone once sent me a video of a man shooting a Lion and the Lion was able to make it to the guy but someone else shot it before it could hurt the “hunterâ€￾ much.  I see no point in this.

Last time I hunted deer, I felt more guilt than when I was in Desert Storm blowing up Iraqi’s.

Just my 2cents.
I can see your point on a Deer vs an iraqi.

Wasn't Rambo a tough guy?  Sled, Va, Snake, Rev, Thash, Bullet, what do you think?
Rambo? a tough guy? yeah as far as a movie character goes.

didn't Sylvester Stallone run to Canada during the draft or something?.

I thought I had heard he avoided being drafted some how which is why I always found it bothersome that he played a Vietnam vet.. or am I thinking of someone else?
Hmmmm something new, then again not much of a movie watcher or tv watcher here. Last Movie I saw was @1980's, Heavy Metal/Song Remains the Same, and The Wall.

Why bother making them rich in hollywood when they hate everything this country stands for.

Lazer, you'll like this. Sly actually ran away to France of all places during the draft. I believe he taught HS gym there. Now how does that escape the hollywood media when he was being hyped as their toughguy?

-snakeoil

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091754524 -->

I will watch a little rodeo here an' there....

but I always cheer for the animal .

I love it when the Cowpie, oops I meant Cowboy gets smoked.

Bullfighting: I'm glad we had some first hand testimonials there . Its kinda cool when a topic surfaces , an' it gets laid to rest in a manner that just PLAIN DOESN'T ALLOW for any rebuttle . Common sense just wont allow.

Hey Ron....who should I have picked for the front lines?

You seem cool an' calculated , a bit weird in yer own way , but for the most part.....calm. Those are the ones to avoid. Those an' "the quiet one's". When I was tossin' fugheads outa bars n poolhalls , it was the large loud-mouthed fugheads that you had the least to worry about . it was always them 165 pound squirmy psycho's that were hard to deal with....an' get a hold of .

ahh....but alas....I have wondered....

I was just reliving the good ol days.... a day when strongarming people seemed like fun. It wasn't . It isn't .

I have a friend , he's in great shape , tuff as nails .

The 10th degree instructors at the tae kwon do gym wont spar with him . They say he's too aggressive. He can stand nose to nose with you....an' still plant a foot on the side of yer chin. To me ....thats tuff guy . You wanna prove yer man-hood. Climb in the ring with him . Chase a calf down an' rope it.....I dunno....

For myself....I've givin' up all such tuff guy endevours.
I think it was Ron who mentioned some cool things....

Want to be a cool guy.....a real hero....a tuff guy....

Step away from the crowd. Speak clearly, openly, an' honestly. Hold the door open for an' old lady . Donate some time or money to something cool . Some kids,or some sick folk. Just be cool to the friends an fam around you .

A tuff guy doesn't stick some helpless creature with a sword.

A tuffguy doesn't chase down a calf .

A tuffguy doesn't hunt some defenseless critter thru a 10x scope , from some tree stand.....

Killing an' hurting for sport should be givin' a big blue ribbon

<span style='color:blue'></span>LOSER.

hav a good an' shameless 1.....RSD.

Yeah, when I worked a few bars, like you said, the ones you would have to worry about fortunately were the ones you NEVER had to worry about (that's going to make a lot of sense lol )

Usually like you said, the bad ass dudes were the ones that pretty much kept to themselves, knew how to talk to people and you never rally had to worry about them causing any problems.

But if the crap hit the fan, you would hope they were on your side and not someone's side you just through out of the bar lol.

I takes to much energy trying to be tough, less stressful and more enjoyable just trying to be nice dontchyaknow
wink.gif

A tuffguy doesn't chase down a calf .[/QUOTE]

You do if your on foot... and your real hungry or just lost a bet... Ever try to catch a calf on foot, just for the hell of it... No harm, just play TAG if you will... They don't look it, bet they are pretty quick... Makes for a good work out...

Good Topic RSD, a tough guy is also the Soldier who rushes into oncoming fire, because he is told to, Tough is carrying your wounded buddy outta harms way. Tough is continuing to hold your position and fight down to the last bullet, never giving up, Giving the finger to the fates. Tough is never loosing control, never loosing your cool.

Tough was my Grand dad...

Thrasher Said: It takes to much energy trying to be tough, less stressful and more enjoyable just trying to be nice dontchyaknow[/QUOTE]

True enough, I think it has to do with the way a person moves. Not the tough looks, not the big size, not their fuggin lies told on a Web-board about their Martial Arts Mastery... Tough allways seemed to me to be in the way a person moves unconsciously... You cannot fake it I don't think... Anyway last time I got my ass handed to me the dude moved just that little bit different....

Mostly though, I have found that it's punks wanting to start something... The Real tough guys never have anything to prove... really...

Well, and Drunks... Alcohol and stress do the damndest things...

Like someone said...hunting for food is ok..for sport...dissagree....Now trying to lighten this up..shooting at a washing machine was fun untill we blasted all four areas of white sheet metal...front ,sides and the lid...then, ah yes lets shoot at the cast iron transmission..bullet bounced off and hit my truck that i was leaning against...truck was a beater..never will know how close the bullet was... 45 acp fmj.
wow.gif

Ps loaded said washing machine back in my truck and disposed of properly. PaceM.

RSD... hope you knew they drug the bulls before they let them out in the arena got bullfighting. By your post, I think you didn't and this is yet one more reason for you to bitch about the tough guys... ;)

Back