please, tell me this isnt what makes....

I agree with Sledhead.
dummy...

tounge.gif

Interesting thread.

When i first got out of the marines, I went deer hunting the first year out. I didn't see a deer while hunting, but on the return trip home i saw several strapped to another hunters truck. It bothered me quite a bit. They are magnificent animals and to see them dead and strapped to a car gonig down the highway seemed somehow wrong (at least to me). I gave up hunting, but still make it out to the assault range to keep my skills somewhat in tact. Hunting has it's place, there are hunters that are wonderful "sportsmen", and there are some who are redneck losers who like to blast things (with emphasis on losers not rednecks).

My wife is Chinese, so i eat tofu quite a bit-- it's great, but it needs to be prepared and cooked properly.

As for what a sport and tough is, heck if I know. As a busa owner, if I run out of shells, at least I can outrun the enemy
smile.gif

tofu is not too bad...at least for my tastes.

I like to mix it into a shake...with a coupla eggs, bananas, peanut butter, strawberries, juice and some ice and protein powder.

Then again....not too many people thought my shakes tasted good...

rock.gif

This is why we missed you rubba.....you make people THINK, whether they realize it or not. Stick around.

I am tears...... I have missed your posts RSD
smile.gif

Nice rant RSD.... interesting my name was the first one you mentioned as someone to chase down and hog tie though. I would be easy. slow.. docile.. I would just lay there and grunt once in while lol

If it was my wife chasing me, it wouldn't be hard for her to catch me
biggrin.gif

what makes a tough guy? hmmmm.

How is this for an interpretation

Someone who is sincere

Someone who doesn't stand out n the crowd

Someone who always try's to keep a low profile

Someone who admits when they are wrong

Someone who knows how to say sorry

Someone you can dump a lot on to and they can take it, physical or mental, they can handle any load you throw at them.

And then ball all that into a person that does have a snapping point that is real high, but when that snapping point is reached anyone close backs away in fear, because when this person snaps, you can see it in their eyes, you can tell a diferance in the expression in their face, you can tell with out a doubt something inside has snapped and the person that was once there is not their at the moment and this person also truly in their heart does not care if he / she lives or dies..

I am not talking about a depressed person, or a suicidal person.. I am talking about someone who is happy all the time, enjoys life, never walks around with a chip on the shoulder, would bend over backwards to help anyone.. but deep down inside, living or dying.. it truly doesn't matter, the person is at peace and has totally accepted both concepts of life and death and is willing to experience both when the time is right

That to me would be my interpretation of someone who is tough

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091663281 -->

Oh yeah -

And as for as hunting animals, I don’t do it..

I am well versed in multiple weapon systems including firearms (hand guns, rifles, shotguns) and compound bows and I believe in keeping my sill levels up in each area. (come to think of it time to go shooting again
smile.gif
)

But I don’t believe in hunting for sport. If I were stuck somewhere and I HAD to kill something to survive, I would not have a problem, be it bambie, a turtle, a rabbit, doesn’t matter.

But as a choice, I prefer to buy my food and shoot targets for practice. I don’t have any animal trophy's laying around. I just do not believe in killing something unless there is a specific reason for it.

And I have to agree with the bull fighting thing, I have never been to an event, but form what I understand the bulls are pretty tortured and screwed up before hand, and like someone else said (I think Rev) they aren’t the big bulls you would see n the States. So bull "torturing" A.K.A. fighting does not impress me.

And yeah, if someone wants to impress me.. go bear hunting… with your bare hands.. ok, you can have a wooden stick if you would like..

I mean what is the challenged of using a firearm against an animal, that isn’t hunting, that is just taking advantage of the fact that you have a superior weapon. Heck take a fricken bomb and just take out a mile of forest, you can kill a bunch of things at the same time

And fishing now a daze… You have books and videos and special baits that has been tested, and if tat isn’t enough, now you have electronic equipment that can tell you exactly where the fish is, and then you can use GPS to mark where the spot is and go back to it whenever you want.

I mean if you are hunting to really put food on the table, or fishing to put food on the table, cool.. but hunting and fishing these days… heck it isn't no better than a kids playing an X-BOX and downloading all the cheat codes on a computer….and using the cheat codes to gain advantage n playing games

Oh and don't forget the Bulls the Bull fighters are fighting, they are little dainty Spanish Bulls... Not the Brahma types we get in the states... Little bitty ones... Sharp horns though... [/QUOTE]

How so true, when vacationing to Puerto Vallarta two years ago we went to a Bullfight and needless to say I was very disappointed when I saw how small (dainty)the bulls where they were slaughtering.

I am tears......  I have missed your posts RSD
smile.gif

Nice rant RSD.... interesting my name was the first one you mentioned as someone to chase down and hog tie though. I would be easy. slow.. docile.. I would just lay there and grunt once in while lol

If it was my wife chasing me, it wouldn't be hard for her to catch me
biggrin.gif

what makes a tough guy? hmmmm.

How is this for an interpretation

Someone who is sincere

Someone who doesn't stand out n the crowd

Someone who always try's to keep a low profile

Someone who admits when they are wrong

Someone who knows how to say sorry

Someone you can dump a lot on to and they can take it, physical or mental, they can handle any load you throw at them.

And then ball all that into a person that does have a snapping point that is real high, but when that snapping point is reached anyone close backs away in fear, because when this person snaps, you can see it in their eyes, you can tell a diferance in the expression in their face, you can tell with out a doubt something inside has snapped and the person that was once there is not their at the moment and this person also truly in their heart does not care if he / she lives or dies..

I am not talking about a depressed person, or a suicidal person.. I am talking about someone who is happy all the time, enjoys life, never walks around with a chip on the shoulder, would bend over backwards to help anyone.. but deep down inside, living or dying.. it truly doesn't matter, the person is at peace and has totally accepted both concepts of life and death and is willing to experience both when the time is right

That to me would be my interpretation of someone who is tough
Dude, Stop allready...  Your Making me blush...  

Wasn't Rambo a tough guy? Sled, Va, Snake, Rev, Thash, Bullet, what do you think?

Wasn't Rambo a tough guy? Sled, Va, Snake, Rev, Thash, Bullet, what do you think?
Rambo? a tough guy? yeah as far as a movie character goes.

didn't Sylvester Stallone run to Canada during the draft or something?.

I thought I had heard he avoided being drafted some how which is why I always found it bothersome that he played a Vietnam vet.. or am I thinking of someone else?

Back