Please Help Me Guys, Screaming Idle

chandler

Registered
ive got an 08 le. its got 5600 miles. its been doing this for a couple months. ill go ride and get it warm then shut it off. if i restart it, it idles at like 4000 rpms. if i shut it off and cycle the key it might return to normal but may take 4 or 5 times shutting it off. one time i just decided to take off like that and when i come to a stop its screaming and on the highway it pulls like it has the cruise on. i then figured out if i slowly pull the clutch in to the point where it engages the switch the rpms drop to about 3000. i tested the clutch switch and its fine. my gear indicator hops around when cold but the idle thing doesnt seem to care about it. it can be glitching all day and may start normal may not. i played with the upper throttle body motor and it wont make it idle high at all. the only thing i see is the idle air valve but with the clutch switch making the rpm change i know its moving because my throttle bodies arent moving. but im thinking an input is making the idle valve run sky high but i dont know what. any ideas.

ive got an 08 le. its got 5600 miles. its been doing this for a couple months. ill go ride and get it warm then shut it off. if i restart it, it idles at like 4000 rpms. if i shut it off and cycle the key it might return to normal but may take 4 or 5 times shutting it off. one time i just decided to take off like that and when i come to a stop its screaming and on the highway it pulls like it has the cruise on. i then figured out if i slowly pull the clutch in to the point where it engages the switch the rpms drop to about 3000. i tested the clutch switch and its fine. my gear indicator hops around when cold but the idle thing doesnt seem to care about it. it can be glitching all day and may start normal may not. i played with the upper throttle body motor and it wont make it idle high at all. the only thing i see is the idle air valve but with the clutch switch making the rpm change i know its moving because my throttle bodies arent moving. but im thinking an input is making the idle valve run sky high but i dont know what. any ideas.

Did you put after market clutch lever? If no take it to the dealer and adjust the tps and reset the isc valve you should have suzuki Suzuki diagnostic system to solve this problem

Try to change the clutch switch don't bypass the wire If not solve check the butterfly if open remove the air box and check if the throttle cable you should have little play in grip
If not solve trust me should reset the idle air control valve

See the attached photo
index.25.jpg
index.28.jpg

The engine's idle speed is surpassed to be 1200 RPM +/-100 RPM, and as long as it's within this range it's fine. if you happen to disconnect the electrical connector from the ISC valve and then turn the ignition on, or if you disconnect the electrical connector from the ISC valve within 5 seconds after the ignition is turned off, as either one of these can cause the stepper motor on the ISC valve to loss it's learned memory position which will effect the engine idle speed which I found out the hard way, and the only way the ISC valve can be reset is with either the SDS (suzuki diagnosis system)tool from Suzuki or the OBD tool from Heal Tech. The SDS and OBD tools can also be used for adjusting the engine idle speed. I performed the ISC valve reset using the Heal Tech OBD tool which was not hard to do at all, and the OBD tool is a heck of a lot cheaper than the Suzuki SDS tool

Nothing to do with the clutch switch, best of luck , I think you have your answer

Back