PLEASE HELP!!! 99-00 FUEL LEVER GAUGE and/or SENSOR PROBLEM ???

insayne-kustomz

Registered
Hi guys. I basically took apart my bike last season and pretty much painted everything jet black with a %100 REAL full carbon fiber fairing kit.
I put it all back together and it runs perfect except for one thing: I'm having issues with my fuel gauge and/or fuel sensor (in-tank float). When I fill the tank up to the rim, the speedo fuel gauge says "FULL" but the fuel gauge never goes below 3/4 tank +/-. I have a few suspicions about what can possible cause this. My main worry in that I did not re-install the in-tank fuel lever sensor (float) correctly and if I'd simply turn unscrew the 4 bolts and turn the unit in 90 degree increments, I'd eventually get it right. Problem with doing this is I'd need to fill up the tank and drain it every time I'd get it wrong. I was wondering if anyone here had a 99-00 fuel tank and can take a photo of the fuel level sensor. This way I can compare it to mine and if I'm off, I'd just turn it to the correct position. I have a feeling when the fuel gets below a certain point, the float inside the tanks sits somewhere on the tank inside which is at 3/4 full and while the fuel keeps lowering, the float always remains in that same location. Anyone can also text me or send me pics on my cell phone at (514) 463-3874. The snow here in Montreal will start melting soon and I don't want to run out of gas again on the highway :-S Thanks guys!

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! 99-00 FUEL LEVEL GAUGE and/or SENSOR PROBLEM ???

Hi guys. I basically took apart my bike last season and pretty much painted everything jet black with a %100 REAL full carbon fiber fairing kit.
I put it all back together and it runs perfect except for one thing: I'm having issues with my fuel gauge and/or fuel sensor (in-tank float). When I fill the tank up to the rim, the speedo fuel gauge says "FULL" but the fuel gauge never goes below 3/4 tank +/-. I have a few suspicions about what can possible cause this. My main worry in that I did not re-install the in-tank fuel lever sensor (float) correctly and if I'd simply turn unscrew the 4 bolts and turn the unit in 90 degree increments, I'd eventually get it right. Problem with doing this is I'd need to fill up the tank and drain it every time I'd get it wrong. I was wondering if anyone here had a 99-00 fuel tank and can take a photo of the fuel level sensor. This way I can compare it to mine and if I'm off, I'd just turn it to the correct position. I have a feeling when the fuel gets below a certain point, the float inside the tanks sits somewhere on the tank inside which is at 3/4 full and while the fuel keeps lowering, the float always remains in that same location. Anyone can also text me or send me pics on my cell phone at (514) 463-3874. The snow here in Montreal will start melting soon and I don't want to run out of gas again on the highway :-S Thanks guys!

Back