Playing at Pacific Raceways

TruWrecks

Banned
Proving that a Busa can turn. I'm officially a track junkie now.

:thumbsup:

This was from 08-13-08. Just got the pics from the photographer.

Courtesy of Brandon Bones.

10323589-File0005541.jpg

10323590-File0004632.jpg

Nice Photos Doug!

Come spring, sign up for a couple of days with Sully's riding school "Sullivanraceschool.com". You'll see your skill level quickly improve. Most importantly it will keep you from developing bad habits that you'll have to over come later on.

Glad to see you on the track!

:) I have some, but this is your thread. Tell us mor about your experience at the track. Well, OK maybe one more....

IMG_1271 (Medium).JPG

Looking good :thumbsup: Welcome to the track zone :laugh: No Poser here. I got plenty of pics BUT like BusaWhipped said, this is your thread. I always wanted to get a BUSA and make it a pure track bike. Set it up just for the track with race fairing and all the good stuff. People think im crazey but I love fligging the BUSA around. It feels so stable.

busa track day 2.jpg

Well I was going to make the Busa a dual purpose bike (street and track) because it does it so well. I took the 2-Fast Performance Riding school Back in June as my introduction to the track. I'm glad I did it that way. I learned a few things for body position and lines that changed the way I ride everywhere. On the street I am more cautious, but on the track I run almost to the edge of my traction.

I had so much fun whipping around PR that I knew I had to do it again. In August I did another track day. That day is what the pictures I posted are from. This was my second track day and I was dragging my pegs and toes in several of the corners. A couple of the track instructors told me that I handle the Busa very well.

Since I don't want to see the Busa wadded up on the track, where I ride the most aggressive, I have retired it from track duty after just two days. My CBR1000 will take it's place as the track queen. My local track days are done for the year. I will be doing many more next year. I will take the Busa and CBR to the track on my trailer. I will still play with the Busa on occasion, or if the CBR gets dropped. That way I can still continue my track day.

My name is Doug, and I'm a track junkie/Busaholic.

:beerchug:

This pic is from my first track day in June.

Doug@PR_061108_Small.jpg

I'm a changed poser. I am in the process of currenlty changing form a lowered bike to 1+ in the rear. A few good books about riding and a few trips to the twisties will show you what this sport is all about. I'm just happy I chose a versatile bike/platform!

Sick pics btw!!!!

Hey Doug, there is one last track day coming up Friday. Adrenaline Freaks will be on duty. Our entire crew will be there. Come join us for some fun! Bring your honda!

I'll see what I can do. Work might be a problem for Friday. Thanks for the info Tuf. :thumbsup:

The front tire on the Honda is toast. I'm waiting for a new pair of BT016's to arrive.

Back