plate holder delete

bonestockbusa

Registered
i just picked up my busa and i want to get rid of that big ugly plate holder. I do not want and undertail kit as i want to keep my blinkers. how do i go about getting something to relocate my plate but loose that big ugly black thing while keeping my blinkers.

Cut the fender to the size/shape you want and relocate your tag to the swingarm.

Cut the fender to the size/shape you want and relocate your tag to the swingarm.
+ 1 ON BIG B'S ADVICE. YOU COULD ACTUALLY KEEP THE PLATE FLUSH W/ THE TURN SIGNALS. IT HAS A NICE CLEAN LOOK. DO A SEARCH AND CHECK BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD POSTED PIC'S OF BEFORE AND AFTER THEY TRIMMED THE FENDER A LITTLE WHILE BACK. GOOD LUCK!

Go onto ebay and get a turn signal integrator, it will make the two bulbs in your tail light act like blinkers. Take a sharp razor blade or air saw to the black plastic and rid youself of all of it. Either build a bracket out of sheet metal or back strap to mount the tag just below the tail light or go back to ebay and buy the kit to put it on the swingarm. Don't forget to get rid of those nasty reflectors too.

on my 02 i cut the fender off and left a little lip where the plate mounts . then turn the bracket and it makes the plate lean at an angle. looks good and I cut it with a saw.

Back