Pissed at some people here on the board...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
As many of you may know I arranged a GB for some Kobe leather gear last November.  Some members involved had previously purchased the matching Kobe jacket(s).

Anyway, the product had to be shipped overseas and just arrived a week ago and many people, including myself, have waited almost 6 months!  

They do have a limited quantity, so having your name on the GB waiting list was priority and almost everybody stuck it out.  I made this point quite clear to everyone who gave me their order and to anyone who read the GB thread.

I called FASTLAP today and they are telling me all the multiple horror stories of people trying to call in and order multiple items when their names were never on the list while providing all sorts of excuses like I'm ordering for a buddy or for my brother, etc.  Then these people are getting angry on the phone w/ FASTLAP and they are having to put up with the BS...talk about a dealer not wanting to offer future GBs.

From what FASTLAP told me they stuck to their guns which I asked them to do until they heard from me so the people who have waited 6 months had some time to place their orders.

I know the world isn't a perfect place and to an extent this doesn't really surprise me, but it really pisses me off that we have people here that would screw over other members who have been waiting 6 months to order.  Next one I do may be for established, reputable members only.
rant.gif

P.S.  I've asked them if anybody calls and does this again to get their name, screen name and phone number and provide it to me.

No good deed goes unpunished
wink.gif

BTW: I appreciate the work you did on the previous Dragon Breeze buy as that gear has really held up well for me. I've been using it at the track temporarily (see photo) while I shop for a replacement one-piece.....which you were kind enough to follow up on as well. Unfortunately the availability/price on the Misano is not all that competitive. Still, your effort holds you in good stead with me bro.

1_copy.jpg

so where can I sign up?
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

are you saying I can call them directly?
jump9.gif

j/k...you know I'm broke..so it wasn't me...lol

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

i know that i was far on the list #25 i think. And from what i understood was that we were supposed to call and put our order in and they would let us know if we would have to wait or not. my order went smooth and they didnt say anything but we are shipping it to you and then charged me. hope i didnt screw anyone that was waiting longer than me
crazy.gif

(marlboroman71818 @ Apr. 18 2007,13:42) i know that i was far on the list #25 i think. And from what i understood was that we were supposed to call and put our order in and they would let us know if we would have to wait or not. my order went smooth and they didnt say anything but we are shipping it to you and then charged me. hope i didnt screw anyone that was waiting longer than me
crazy.gif
+1

i checked the list to make sure that everyone that had orders placed in the size that i needed had already ordered.  i called fastlap and ordered on late thursday and they had no issues with fulfilling my order.  David asked me my screen name and then gladly went through with the process.  O_E i want to thank you for this group buy as i was in major need of some new pants.  jsut stinks that people would try to over step the boundaries in place.

I'm out of the loop on this GB, but remember that we have a ton of lurkers on the oRg too and it's possible some of them have been calling to see about getting the same kind of deal...just a thought...

Dude - sorry they're having a tough time. We should send EMAILs to them directly and tell them thanks for the GB. That should send a message that it was much appreciated. Just a suggestion though.

My wife is ticked... "It looks like you had another Christmas!!"

um... i did - kinda - but it was Keith's fault.
bowdown.gif

You lurkder dudes - that didn't want to buy at the time we did this - back off and grow some integrity. Otherwise, we're sending Revlis over to your house!

guns.gif

+1 on that....i think we can find a few ex-sniper guys in here to take care of those pesky a**munches who think they're slick...
guns.gif

where's Headshot at?

(BigDiesel @ Apr. 18 2007,16:45) +1 on that....i think we can find a few ex-sniper guys in here to take care of those pesky a**munches who think they're slick...
guns.gif

where's Headshot at?
Not an ex-sniper but I could have been one. Who do you want wasted?
wink.gif

Def wasn't me - I dont do leather
tounge.gif

(marlboroman71818 @ Apr. 18 2007,10:42) i know that i was far on the list #25 i think. And from what i understood was that we were supposed to call and put our order in and they would let us know if we would have to wait or not. my order went smooth and they didnt say anything but we are shipping it to you and then charged me. hope i didnt screw anyone that was waiting longer than me
crazy.gif
Don't sweat it, M-man...you're name is on the list. I only told them to hold off to late comers ~20+ if they had limited sizes in comparison to the provided sizes being ordered. Since it looks like that wasn't going to be a problem they likely went ahead an took your order.

You're good.

(ozzy04 @ Apr. 18 2007,11:48)
(marlboroman71818 @ Apr. 18 2007,13:42) i know that i was far on the list #25 i think. And from what i understood was that we were supposed to call and put our order in and they would let us know if we would have to wait or not. my order went smooth and they didnt say anything but we are shipping it to you and then charged me. hope i didnt screw anyone that was waiting longer than me
crazy.gif
+1

i checked the list to make sure that everyone that had orders placed in the size that i needed had already ordered.  i called fastlap and ordered on late thursday and they had no issues with fulfilling my order.  David asked me my screen name and then gladly went through with the process.  O_E i want to thank you for this group buy as i was in major need of some new pants.  jsut stinks that people would try to over step the boundaries in place.
Not looking for thanks or praise, but your words are appreciated. Just looking to give a little back to the peeps here on the org. and make sure those have waited are rewarded for it.

Again, no complaints about anybody on the list, just those that do the drive-by on our Group Buy.
guns.gif

(Rocketman @ Apr. 18 2007,13:28) Dude - sorry they're having a tough time.  We should send EMAILs to them directly and tell them thanks for the GB.  That should send a message that it was much appreciated.  Just a suggestion though.

My wife is ticked... "It looks like you had another Christmas!!"  

um... i did - kinda - but it was Keith's fault.  
bowdown.gif

You lurkder dudes -  that didn't want to buy at the time we did this - back off and grow some integrity.  Otherwise, we're sending Revlis over to your house!  

guns.gif
E-mails are not necessary...keep in mind that many of us we were given the carrot on a string treatment for almost 6 months for this GB, but in the end they came through and looks like everybody is happy. To get these pants at $98.00-$108.00 TYD is simply amazing.

Well i was way down on list, waited till thursday to order as asked, gave them my screen name, and got my stuff on monday...

Thanks for setting this up Keith.

(Cykill @ Apr. 18 2007,20:30) Well i was way down on list, waited till thursday to order as asked, gave them my screen name, and got my stuff on monday...

Thanks for setting this up Keith.
No problem there...you up for riding this weekend? I can see it now there wil be like 3 or 4 of us all on Busas wearing new Kobe leather pants.
crazy.gif

Sat no, but should be gtg on Sunday. give me a call.

i've been getting very little seat time recently and could use a good run.

I'm trying to get the time to swing track day at jenningsGP at the end of the month also if your interested.

They have RPM track school there the 29th of april. they really do a good job.

http://www.jenningsgp.com/ if you wanna check it out.

(Cykill @ Apr. 18 2007,21:03) Sat no, but should be gtg on Sunday. give me a call.

i've been getting very little seat time recently and could use a good run.

I'm trying to get the time to swing track day at jenningsGP at the end of the month also if your interested.

They have RPM track school there the 29th of april. they really do a good job.

http://www.jenningsgp.com/ if you wanna check it out.
The wife is having a big party with all her girls here at the house on SAT afternoon so you know where I'll be...out and about.

I may be up for a SUN ride as well. I'll give you a call.

Back