Pink Slips

Gerald

Registered
In case you guys and girls haven't heard....tomorrow night @ 8:30 (EST) the show Pink Slips features the big badd hardly v-ride (notice that's all in lower case) and another bike drag racing 3 times for pink slips.Best 2 of 3 wins.You might wanna have a look see just for a few laughs

speed channel i think or discovery cant remember. Its a pretty cool show saw teh camaro and what ever taht was last week...looks too easy to sandbag and win though
wink.gif

speed channel... imo, that show is ghey. some of those arguments looks so set up
rock.gif
but 1 of the guys on a car board im on was actually on that show. he said its so set up its stupid.

yeah they had a car one of those episodes at our local drag strip.... it was pretty sweet.

They are having a couple other ones there also. Even a bike episode.
cool.gif

IMO I think it's set up for the ratings otherwise they would post up the times. Think about it if a guy runs a high 13 then turns around and runs a low 12 what gives. I agree with the sand bagging comment, share the numbers or it becomes another wannabe (rigged) reality show.

so youre saying the races arent real?

No real times, not a real race. I mean if it was street racing fine, but it seems as if the show is just a b.s. set-up.

did you see last weeks pinks....it was cool as h*ll.......looking forward to tomorrows..
I sure did.What ever happened to the good ole days when check out each others rides and you race togeather right off the line?All that talk about how many cars/bike lengths, what's been done to your engine, and if your going to spray is BS to me.....The dude in the black Pontiac sure looked like a sick puppy when the other guy drove away in his car.

GOt a point there i wasnt in the good ole days but racing is run what ya brung heads up

It sure was nice watching that old Suzuki 1150ES beat that 2003 hardly v-ride (notice I used all lower case) on the show tonight.All that talk about how Porche designed the v-rides engine didn't mean a thing and man did dude look stupid driving away with his empty trailer.He blamed it on his clutch slipping.Personally I would expect a heck more of performance for my $30,000.This is just 1 of the reasons I'd never purchase a Harley.

<!--EDIT|Gerald
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120743368 -->

It sure was nice watching that old Suzuki 1150ES beat that 2003 hardly v-ride (notice I used all lower case) on the show tonight.All that talk about how Porche designed the v-rides engine didn't mean a thing and man did dude look stupid driving away with his empty trailer.He blamed it on his clutch slipping.Personally I would expect a heck more of performance for my $30,000.This is just 1 of the reasons I'd never purchase a Harley.
have a friend that has a v-rod, he has piped it, powercomander, changed pullies, and still getting beat by another bud on his stock engine v-max. he has gotten closer tho. both running about 11.3 times
later
Michael

from what the manager of our local track said, even though people are sandbagging for negotiating power the cars/bikes still get handed over at the end of the show.

Why would you put an 18,000 bike up against a 2,500 dollar bike. I'll bet the guy on the gs1100 lost the first race on purpose. Just to set the Harley up for the next two races. And whats up with him giving the v-rod a bike length. It looked to me like they both left at the same time. So you ask the guy to give you a bike length, he doesn't do it, and you still lose your bike. It was entertaining.

Why would you put an 18,000 bike up against a 2,500 dollar bike.  I'll bet the guy on the gs1100 lost the first race on purpose.  Just to set the Harley up for the next two races.  And whats up with him giving the v-rod a bike length.  It looked to me like they both left at the same time.  So you ask the guy to give you a bike length, he doesn't do it, and you still lose your bike.  It was entertaining.
I was wondering the same thing. they don't give it up on the start, they calculate it at the finish line, which doesn't seem very accurate to me. Where I come from you either think you have a tough ride or not, if you do you talk smack until someone says "Line 'em up sucker". There's no negotiating on what do you have? will you spray it? if everything were apples to apples comparisons why have a race. you either have confidnece in what you built or "shut up". and you back up that confidence with the Pink Slip not being a better negotiater by handicapping someone into a loss. but anyway it's still kinda fun to watch, now i know how the WWE fans get duped in.
tounge.gif

Back