PINGING ALL GearHeads...

Hey Pac.....good ya know where I'm comin from bro....just don't wanna see that happen again.
K....nuther thing you could do is run NLR's MSBC1 (multi stage boost controller).....you could set yer bike low to begin with, then dial the boost up as power is needed.
Maybe start with 4lbs or so which should give ya around 230 or so hp, then when ya get used to it...dial it up to 8 lbs.......prolly don't wanna run more than that without a spacer to lower yer compression......big boost likes low compression.
8lbs should give you a reasonably reliable (for a turbo bike) 275 hp or so.
Stick a spacer in it.....(can do it in frame) bump yer fuel to a good qual race fuel such as C-16....bump yer boost to 10 and voila.....300hp give or take.
Sound like an option.......now ya know my plan!!!
smile.gif

And yes...I will deffinately be careful when the time comes!!!

Good replies all...even the stinky finger ones. WTF....
laugh.gif

I was thinkin Velocity for the Turbo...but for the "fear factor", I also wanted to hit a shot of NOS...what for, I really don't know...the Turbo itself is pretty damn scary enough.

Mebbe I'll just stick to turbo...go with a Velocity or Ghetto. Or maybe I just need to reel myself in before I seriously fugg myself up again.
I recently got my Velocity Racing Stage 2 kit installed.
At 8lbs of boost (moderately low) it will stand up in 4th gear via throttle.

NOS... only if you can not afford a Turbo.

The power is sick...

4th gear roll-on wheelies... the tire lifts straight up at 120mph...
OK...now this the shid I'm afraid of. Straight up at 120? In fourth? Fuggin nuts...

Mebbe I'll forget the Turbo for now. Sounds just too damn nuts...

Unless I'm truly blessed (an I don't wanna find out if I am), there ain't gonna be no walkin away from that one.

Once again the most important issue is an outstanding installer/tuner close...If your gonna do the system yourself and have the ability then go for it...From what I've read the Velocity and Ghetto are pretty close in performance...

I would think that you would only want to setup boost and nos if your building a drag bike...With the nos to compensate for the lag of a large turbo...With boost ain't nobody gonna be close enough that you would need to spray them...

I'm running a Velocity Stage 1 and I'm scared of it...Haven't ridden the bike to it's full potential and may never...But it's fun as hell...

If I were to do it again I would get the next level system that would allow me to run about 350hp and just run a 4pd spring to keep it toned down and when I wanted to really bring it alive go with a different spring...In the case of boost more can be better...It's easier to tone the boost down than to pay for a boost increase down the road...

I am not mechanically inclined...So take what you can from this...  
biggrin.gif

evil.gif
very good input, Stunnah-man...

I'm startin to lean towards the notion that I'm just not ready for boost. Be it skill, awareness or whatnot, I think there's still a large amount of uncertainty that I could handle something like this. If I was single with no family, no doubt I'll go boost. As it is though, I have a very loving and caring wife...and I know that it's gonna real hard on her if her lil' Pac bites the big one.

Hmm...talk about a revelation...

Good replies all...even the stinky finger ones. WTF....
laugh.gif

I was thinkin Velocity for the Turbo...but for the "fear factor", I also wanted to hit a shot of NOS...what for, I really don't know...the Turbo itself is pretty damn scary enough.

Mebbe I'll just stick to turbo...go with a Velocity or Ghetto. Or maybe I just need to reel myself in before I seriously fugg myself up again.
I recently got my Velocity Racing Stage 2 kit installed.
At 8lbs of boost (moderately low) it will stand up in 4th gear via throttle.

NOS... only if you can not afford a Turbo.

The power is sick...

4th gear roll-on wheelies... the tire lifts straight up at 120mph...
OK...now this the shid I'm afraid of. Straight up at 120? In fourth? Fuggin nuts...

Mebbe I'll forget the Turbo for now. Sounds just too damn nuts...

Unless I'm truly blessed (an I don't wanna find out if I am), there ain't gonna be no walkin away from that one.
Cecils bike is still at stock length...That's why it's so wheelie prone...Mine is extended 6" and it's more prone to smoke the rear than wheelie...
evil.gif

Cecil_Stringer
Professional Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:2.51
Location: Tampa, Florida - 318 miles; 11 Turns Posted: Dec. 06 2004,02:59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mine's lowered and it corners fine for a big girl [/QUOTE]

A quote from Cecil, Stunn.

Once again the most important issue is an outstanding installer/tuner close...If your gonna do the system yourself and have the ability then go for it...From what I've read the Velocity and Ghetto are pretty close in performance...

I would think that you would only want to setup boost and nos if your building a drag bike...With the nos to compensate for the lag of a large turbo...With boost ain't nobody gonna be close enough that you would need to spray them...

I'm running a Velocity Stage 1 and I'm scared of it...Haven't ridden the bike to it's full potential and may never...But it's fun as hell...

If I were to do it again I would get the next level system that would allow me to run about 350hp and just run a 4pd spring to keep it toned down and when I wanted to really bring it alive go with a different spring...In the case of boost more can be better...It's easier to tone the boost down than to pay for a boost increase down the road...

biggrin.gif

evil.gif

I'm startin to lean towards the notion that I'm just not ready for boost. Be it skill, awareness or whatnot, I think there's still a large amount of uncertainty that I could handle something like this. If I was single with no family, no doubt I'll go boost. As it is though, I have a very loving and caring wife...and I know that it's gonna real hard on her if her lil' Pac bites the big one.

I believe that most turbo applications are extremely safe when driven within the limit of the operator...If you ride safely now (even at speed) then you still ride safely with boost...Remember for the most part your bike performs like stock until you twist the throttle and get into the boost...My boost gauge doesn't move from zero til 5k rpms then I know it's coming on and can just roll on the throttle on the other hand if I whack the throttle open it's like hold the freak now and ride this mofo out...Boost is very predictable and can be used without being surprised...
evil.gif

evil.gif

evil.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: "double post..."|1104386875 -->

Cecil_Stringer
Professional Pilot

Location: Tampa, Florida - 318 miles; 11 Turns     Posted: Dec. 06 2004,02:59  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mine's lowered and it corners fine for a big girl  

A quote from Cecil, Stunn.[/QUOTE]
I like 'em big too...
evil.gif

Cecils bike is still at stock length...That's why it's so wheelie prone...Mine is extended 6" and it's more prone to smoke the rear than wheelie... [/QUOTE]

Cecil_Stringer
Professional Pilot

Location: Tampa, Florida - 318 miles; 11 Turns Posted: Dec. 06 2004,02:59

I like 'em big too... [/QUOTE]

Mo cushion for the pushn.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

evil.gif

I believe that most turbo applications are extremely safe when driven within the limit of the operator...If you ride safely now (even at speed) then you still ride safely with boost...Remember for the most part your bike performs like stock until you twist the throttle and get into the boost...My boost gauge doesn't move from zero til 5k rpms then I know it's coming on and can just roll on the throttle on the other hand if I whack the throttle open it's like hold the freak now and ride this mofo out...Boost is very predictable and can be used without being surprised...  
evil.gif
I see...

I don't think that turbo would be such a good idea, then. Well, at least maybe not until I get more "skillz" in the game. I think I can ride pretty decently for noob, but after this escapade with the asphalt, I do believe that this novice could use a bit more training.

Then again...where could I go with turbo on an island that's only 33 miles long and 26 miles wide? I'd probably end up turbo-ing right into a drop-off.

I suppose that would be a rather interesting experience.

evil.gif

Cecils bike is still at stock length...That's why it's so wheelie prone...Mine is extended 6" and it's more prone to smoke the rear than wheelie...  

Cecil_Stringer
Professional Pilot

I like 'em big too...  [/QUOTE]

wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
a little grabbin while I'm stabbin....
wow.gif
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

evil.gif

evil.gif
I see...

I don't think that turbo would be such a good idea, then. Well, at least maybe not until I get more "skillz" in the game. I think I can ride pretty decently for noob, but after this escapade with the asphalt, I do believe that this novice could use a bit more training.

Then again...where could I go with turbo on an island that's only 33 miles long and 26 miles wide? I'd probably end up turbo-ing right into a drop-off.

I suppose that would be a rather interesting experience.
Yeah...It sounds like a turbo would be a waste of money for you...I think a shot of nos is what you need...No motor work just a dry shot...It would give you that occasional burst and be alot more cost effective...
evil.gif

evil.gif

evil.gif

Cecil_Stringer
Professional Pilot

Mine's lowered and it corners fine for a big girl

I like 'em big too...  [/QUOTE]

wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
a little grabbin while I'm stabbin....
wow.gif
laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
OK...I've changed my mind...No desire for the biggies...Who wants to eat buffets all the time???
evil.gif

Back