Ping Air Force Members

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Have you heard about the Air Force Sport bike training program?

If so, what have you heard about it?

Not Air Force here, but I met a guy who teaches it in S.C. I will try to get up with him and get some info...

http://public.dover.amc.af.mil/doverme....3076194

071107-f-0187C-09.jpg

I've heard of it but its not at all bases. Some bases have MSF instructors/courses and if i'm not mistaken this is something "extra" in true DOD fasion. I'm not opposed to it in the least as i've seen first hand what happens to the young guys that come in and get a nice sign up bonus and go out and buy a 1K and mame or kill themselves in a week. The base i'm stationed at is a training base. It is where all the aircraft maintenace people come to learn their job before heading out to the flightline. They are writing a new base regulation as we speak that will prohibit all non prior service students stationed here from riding a motorcycle.

Wow, not sure on the regulation... but I am sure it will save a lot of lives. That and a ton of money for the military. Maybe they should just start putting pressure on for a graduated Licensing program...

i wa sin charge of my squadron motorcycle meetings once a month. All new riders and to go through the commander and meet me and you know list experience3 crap liuke that we had the base commander there a few times to show him that we where trying to keep the death and accidents down in the CES family

SRC at Pope was taught by motomark1.  Motorcycle cops.  Real cool.  It was an all day class, but learned a few things.  We had a mandatory completion date.  I think the new guys are being taught by MSF instructors.

http://www.motomark1.com/

I saw a artical in the Marine Times that the Marine Corps is going to make it and extra mandatory course for sport bike riders. Don't quote me on it, I could be wrong as usual...
dunno.gif

For the Navy side of the house. (not to jack the thread) They have put a new insrtuction in place as of March making it mandatory for all DON riders to attend a MSF course every 3 years. You can start out with the basic but next time you have to do the advanced, and then every course after that has to be advanced.

Back