CBSNews Special on sport bikes... :(

I just finished watchin it online. I feel sorry for you guyz in DFW more attention on that area, and isnt that the same Burger joint on the vid clip from about a year ago same subject but local news I think. Anyway there was a Busa at the end... :D

sorry to hear about your cousin Narcissus

yeat too bad they did not show the 200+ bikes that show up at the sonic where they interviewed that guy at

have seen over 200 bikes there on a thrusday night they must have not wanted to show too much in the background .... :mad:

Well, I just now found out that my cousin in Seattle died yesterday after two days in the hospital from being struck on his bike by a car running from the police. He was 25.

I'll bet they won't be covering that on the news. Too many people drive cars and it might insult someone.
Condolences Narc.

And you're right, the story is not sensational enough, just too commonplace.

Peace be with you.

...[clip]...Yes I have ridden over the speed limit and have done some similar things to the stunts that you have aired on your show, but in a deserted place keeping others out of harms way.
It's my opinion that, if this is a direct copy of the letter you sent to CBS, you lost your credibility and will be completely dismissed with that sentence.  

Personal bias - while I believe it's reasonable to suggest that we all carry some - moves you from an area outside of the issue in question and into one of the circles of issue.  This creates an "us against them" scenario and of course, being in one of the circles, you're going to disagree with those in the 'other' circle.  Be very careful in projecting personal bias into a debate.

It's a good thought though and I suppose if they receive 4000 letters it may be a bit more difficult to ignore;  as long it's understood that it's very much like pounding your head into a boulder with the expectation of making gravel...

Narcissus - I too am sorry for your family's loss.

Steve

Well, I just now found out that my cousin in Seattle died yesterday after two days in the hospital from being struck on his bike by a car running from the police. He was 25.

I'll bet they won't be covering that on the news. Too many people drive cars and it might insult someone.
:sad: :sad: :mad: :sad:

yeat too bad they did not show the 200+ bikes that show up at the sonic where they interviewed that guy at

have seen over 200 bikes there on a thrusday night they must have not wanted to show too much in the background .... :mad:
Jace, where in the Dallas area can I find a bike gathering spot like the one in the news. I am from Odessa/Midland but go there quite often.

Sorry guys, the story got mixed up quite a bit by the time it got to me (like usual). Here is the official report (still bad):

Motorcyclist hurt in crash dies

TACOMA — A motorcyclist who was critically injured when he ran into a man fleeing police on Interstate 5 died yesterday.

Andrew Fernandez, 25, of Port Orchard, died yesterday morning at St. Joseph's Medical Center, a nursing supervisor said.

Fernandez had been in critical condition from injuries sustained Friday when he crashed into Marco Rios, 37, of Tacoma, who died shortly thereafter at the hospital.

Rios fled when he was approached by two bicycle officers on Pacific Highway Southwest. He ran behind a motel and through trees and then reached Interstate 5, crossing the southbound lanes before being struck by the motorcycle.

After the accident, officers discovered a half-ounce of cocaine on Rios.
[/QUOTE]

ohhhhhhhhh yea they will save you from yourself in thier infinite wisdom and then go get sh.......t faced and get in thier cars.Get real jobs.???

Jace, where in the Dallas area can I find a bike gathering spot like the one in the news. I am from Odessa/Midland but go there quite often.
You have Sonic Thursday nights. Take 635 east of 75 into Mesquite, exit Garland Rd. It's across the street from Fry's. I never go to that one because it's Mesquite and I don't want to be run down by those Civic gang types trying to be initiated into their Civic treehouse-of-the-month clubs.

Saturday nights you have Whataburger, from 635 go south on 35, exit loop 12, exit NW Hwy turn right go down a couple signals and it's on your left. I don't go to that one either, too many Biker Boyz types on their rashed out 600s for my taste.

If you want a tamer group, Bluegoose Tuesdays meets at Midway/Beltline. I also don't go to that one anymore. Too many clique-ish dorks who prefer to talk for hours about the latest turn signal light bulb they got for their spotless Honda or Ducati.

I don't sound too positive tonight, do I? :D

Here is the reply I recieved from my letter. I want to know where the "fair and balanced" portion is.

Steven

Thank you for writing. We are not saying that all sportbiking is bad or
that all sportbikers are reckless. We were reporting on a developing trend.
We have done many stories on the dangers of SUVs and other vehicles. There
are many dangers on the road. The story was fair and balanced and did not
intend to imply that all sportbikers were like the ones shown in the piece.

The CBS Evening News Staff

Man thats crazy the goverment wants to try to regulate that to hope fully no one from california would be incharge lol I.E. (recall-deficit-Power crisis etc...) but the girls are still hot lol any way thats crazy they really need to have a special on the benefits of sport bikes . not just the bad things!

Also very sorry to hear about your loss man :blush: my condolenceses

Thank you for writing.  We are not saying that all sportbiking is bad or
that all sportbikers are reckless. We were reporting on a developing trend.
We have done many stories on the dangers of SUVs and other vehicles. There
are many dangers on the road.  The story was fair and balanced and did not
intend to imply that all sportbikers were like the ones shown in the piece.

The CBS Evening News Staff
Capital B, Capital S,

BS :crazy:

People meet up at the sonic just off of 635 and garland rd on northwest highway next to frys electronics

it is on thursday nights i think people get there about 8ish

i have not been in a while but was realy busy last time i went

:bounce:

Simply put, if there's "news" on CBS, ABC, or NBC, then it's going to be peppered with heavy bias against personal freedom. If the network "news" organizations had their way we'd all be driving a miniature hybrid car surrounded by balloons or pillows on all sides. By the way, you can bet the same riders who act like idiots on their bikes drive their automobiles in an unsafe manner as well. A 4-wheeled auto being piloted by an idiot is much more dangerous to innocent drivers than a motorcycle.

I just got this email this morning:

AMA REACTS TO CBS NEWS REPORT ON EXTREME STREET RIDING

PICKERINGTON, OHIO -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), reacting to a CBS News report on so-called "extreme street riding," points out that this illegal and dangerous conduct represents only a small percentage of the American motorcycling community.

The CBS News "Eye on America" report, which aired during the September 25th broadcast of "The CBS Evening News with Dan Rather," documented groups of motorcyclists who ride at high speeds and perform stunts on public streets and highways. A CBS News producer, conducting research for the report, had contacted the AMA in mid-August.

"For the most part, the CBS News segment correctly portrayed extreme street riding as an isolated phenomenon," said Tom Lindsay, AMA Public Information Director. "It's unfortunate, however, that the irresponsible conduct of such a small number of motorcyclists gets national attention, while the overwhelming majority of American motorcyclists are responsible and law-abiding."

The AMA believes that stunt riding, like that portrayed in the CBS News report, has no place on public streets and highways, where it endangers both motorcyclists and other motorists.

Oh Boy...AMA really playing hardball... NOT! Once again the ownership of America by big business and corporations on display.... Heaven forbid we loose any sponsorship money, we don't want to upset anyone...yadda yadda yadda...

Back