CBSNews Special on sport bikes... :(

I read it, and watched the video. I then sent them a nasty E-mail. I did this with both of the local stations when they did the same thing. If nothing elese I wasted 5 minutes of an interns time reading the E-mail. If all 4k board members did the same we could waste a week or so. They piss in my cherios, I will do the same for them. :rant:

Later,

Steve

Doesn't matter if you write them, the show aired. Now you can expect senile old farts in Cadillacs running us down for being 'criminals'.

im only 16 and i know the feeling of the youre gonna kill ur self on that thing speech. ive gone through a lot of troubles and ive only crashed my bike once tryin to do a stoppie. bikes are safer than cars anyway because u pay more attention since ur more exposed.

TommyB :D

they shoulda showed a clip from Biker Boyz.... ya know, the "standing on the seat winning the race at 140mph" part... that would reeeealy scare 'em! :eek:

Too tell ya the truth, I try to look at the big picture. How did someone who rides a Harley Davidson get the stereotypical outlook about them? Well it all started with a gang of "bikers" who went around causing trouble in the public streets and since then (almost a century ago) if you ride a Harley, then you are one bad mother fugger!!  

Well just like Jesse James said. He said something like, sport bikers took the place of the bad stereotypical people on bikes instead of Harley guys.  

Oh well... I dont go out and do tricks and be stupid/wreckless on my bike and most of you probably dont either. But if evolution goes the same route as Harley motorcycles did, then we will someday be the BAD ASS MOFOS later on and the Harleys will be known as ignorant people who bought a society based "name brand" type of motorcycle that is not justifiable for the $cost$ and are behind in technology..... Besides, back when the norm age limit of Harley riders rode there HD's, there was no sport bikes out like there is today. Our Busas are sooooo far in front of there HDs in technology that they are LOST.

Nomatter what age we are, 40yr.old+ society based people probably consider us punk kids, but I bet that later on from now that sport bike riders will be considered and known as BAD AZZ, OUTLAW, REBEL,  LEATHER WEARN', CRAZY DONT MESS WITH US ULTIMATE STREETLEGAL POWERPLANTS ON THE STREETS!!! Actually evolution has to point this way because kids today envy sport bikes, they dont envy harleys and the kids today will someday rule the world and they will use the new and newer technologies in the future.

The majority of 40yr.old+ guys tend to not know anything about technology and they dont want to learn anything about it, this is prob why they frown at sport bikes and give HDs thumbs up. The only reasonable excuse that older HD riders have ever said to me about not liking sport bikes is that sport bikes, "hurt your back in that position" and "Are too dangerous and are death traps!!" Think about it... They are either Jealous or they just fall in the norm of middle aged society based people who "only like what other people there age like"....hehe

All they want to do is stick with the past (like ride harleys). I know 100's of 40yr.olds+ who dont even know or want to learn how to use a computer or the internet!! hehe Sad.....

And you 40+yr. old guys on this board, I just want to say that I really respect you and that you will always have my respect for enjoying and learning the new technologies that our generation have today.

LET THE MEDIA SHOW EVERYONE HOW CRAZY AND WRECKLESS SPORT BIKES ARE!!! DAMN REBEL/OUTLAW KIDS!! (Sounds like what people said about Harley riders a few decades ago doesnt it??)

I could go on and on about my opinon on this, but I think you get the picture. Sorry for the long post!  

:beerchug:

What I want to know is, where is this drive-in where all these bikes gather? I am in the Dallas area alot, so maybe I can hook up and ride.

I hate that we're all grouped in with a handful of guys/gals that take risks every single time they ride, weaving in and out of traffic and racing at every turn, trying to impress everyone and forgetting the rules of the road; thinking they're invincible...
There are rules of the road??? Since when? Why didn't I get the memo?

:tounge: :D :cool:

Rules are for cagers...the great unskilled cloggers of our highways. :devil: ;)

Okay, now I gotta see what they say about our bikers.

Deadly World Of Sport Bikers
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/25/eveningnews/main575164.shtml

I think there's a REAL video also.

I can't wait for:
Deadly world of Cell Phone using drivers
Deadly World of soap using showerers
Deadly World of standing on a corner waiting for a bus
Deadly world of skydiving
Deadly world of dating MPD's
Deadly world of sports gambling
Deadly world of sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit crushing TV News, stuffing junk food into your mouth

:cussing:  :cussing:
It was just as stupid as Dekalb County GA's piece on the news about bikes speedin' on the interstate. If they want to bust the idiots, then fine. Just don't make all sport bike riders out to be just like them. :mad:

Quite an oration there quazy. Hope you got it all out. I think there is a formula here that goes something like:
Testoserone + Fast Hardware - Common Sense = Danger
(No disrespect to the girl). I am in the 40++ group (and thanks for the caveat at the end there) and started riding bikes when
the Harley sportster was a new thing. It was the same crap then, except the hardware was different. Some older people seem to have a grudge about younger people having fun, and the news media is not selling real news and objectivity, but anything that they think will grab an audience.
By the way I stopped riding Harleys when I got blown off by a Kawasaki powered by a 2 cycle, 500cc lawn mower engine. And, yes, it's too bad Harlely (the American Company) doesn't make a respectable, competitive, motorcycle for less than a million dollars, but I guess that's a business decision. There's too many weekend bad ass wanna bes who are willing to put out the big bucks for slow, overweight, loud, and outdated machines.
I enjoy riding the busa as sensibly as possible, without endangering anyone else. Think I'll get interviewed?

I enjoy riding the busa as sensibly as possible, without endangering anyone else.  Think I'll get interviewed?

Good point. As I watched that sorry excuse for "news" I found myself wonderin' just how many people they interviewed at that drive-in that actually had something intelligent to say before they found the ones they aired. I'd like to see ALL of their video footage and not just what they chose to air. Just like all the other sensational stories they've aired in the past, it'd prolly be VERY interesting to see the parts they elected to not put on the air.

In my line of work I have had to deal with the media several times. Every single time I have seen them try to put a spin on what really happened just to get viewer reaction. I have yet to deal with the media when what got aired was anywhere close to what actually happened, or what they were actually told by the people who knew what was goin' on. It's always at least a little off, most often it's so far off that I'd think they were talkin' about a totally different incident if it hadn't been me, or someone I knew on the TV screen! :mad:

See the ruckus? Don't fall into the big lie. avoid news altogether.

NEWS BAAD!!! BUSA GOOOOD!!!

My letter to CBS it wont do any good but it will make me feel a little better
I am writing to you about the story “Deadly world of sport bikersâ€￾. You displayed very poor journalistic integrity to have such a blatantly one sided story. I can imagine it was done for one reason, to keep your ratings up. I can’t believe you ended your story showing that poor girl that died. She did not deserve the type of crap you people dish out. What happened to her was a terrible tragedy for her and her family. I did not know her but my mother said the same thing when I bought my first sport bike. I would imagine that she loved to ride as much as I do. Inexperience more than likely was a big cause of her accident (from your report of 2 months riding experience). Your report was so bias it labeled anyone that rides a sport bike to be a trouble maker. Just like dangerous auto drivers and police officers that beat the people they are paid to protect, you’re dangerous and one sided reporting portrays all to be like this. Because of a few bad apples you label us all like the particular people you have met. Yes I have ridden over the speed limit and have done some similar things to the stunts that you have aired on your show, but in a deserted place keeping others out of harms way. Some do not; some do them on crowded highways and main streets. That does not apply to all of us. Journalism is supposed to be an unbiased portrayal of actual news not bashing a particular group of people because you do not like or understand them.

yea and the part about peopl on sportbikes terrorizing motorist ...... BUT they dont mention the part of the stupid azzholes out there that swerve or move over and try to kill us on our bikes not one damn word about that just how reckless we all are and a total danger to society ......B*LLSH!T

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, I just now found out that my cousin in Seattle died yesterday after two days in the hospital from being struck on his bike by a car running from the police. He was 25.

I'll bet they won't be covering that on the news. Too many people drive cars and it might insult someone.

Well, I just now found out that my cousin in Seattle died yesterday after two days in the hospital from being struck on his bike by a car running from the police. He was 25.

I'll bet they won't be covering that on the news. Too many people drive cars and it might insult someone.
I'm so sorry Narc...that is such terrible news...

My thoughts are with you and his family...

Very sorry to hear this sad news!!!

Very sorry to hear this Narcissus. My thoughts out to you and his family.

Back