Pilot Power vs Pilot Pure?

BoostCreep

Registered
03 Hayabusa - New rider

I'm not used to this type of heavy, powerful bike so for awhile now I'll be taking it easy and slowly learning my way around it; I expect to have chicken strips for at least another year on this thing. That being said I love going around twisties but I use this thing to drive back and forth to work every day. I might visit the drag strip once or twice a year and I'm expecting a lot of highway travel. Life of the tire is very important, but I need something that I can feel comfortable with scraping pegs (even though that will take a while).

That being said, I've been looking at Pilot Powers and Pilot Pures (dual compound for both) and I'm not sure if one is suited better for this bike or... I'm also wondering who has had experience, what your mileage has been like and if you would recommend them. That or else I'm open to suggestions on other tires as well! Diablos, Metzlers, Bridgestones...

Thanks.

I'm expecting a lot of highway travel. Life of the tire is very important

My riding is similar to yours (except no drag strip for me) and currently run Pirelli Angels. Other contenders for SPORT TOURING tires that give MORE mileage are Pilot Road 3 and Avon Storm.

kromdom said:
My riding is similar to yours (except no drag strip for me) and currently run Pirelli Angels. Other contenders for SPORT TOURING tires that give MORE mileage are Pilot Road 3 and Avon Storm.

Same here! PA's no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm running power pures and love them i have 4,000 on them and still have 4/32nds left on front and rear and I ride fairly aggressive my signature will explain :laugh:

Those PA's do look awesome... But Brian is sort of a badass...

I donno, if I can get 6-7k+ miles out of a set of tires I'd be extremely happy, I'm expecting 5-6k. I just don't want to get into an area where I've sacrificed performance too much.

The busa eats the powers and the pures the same, I found no difference in them and don't prefer either.

I absolutely love my 2ct's and honestly cant see spending the extra money for the pures.

I was gonna get the 2ct's but they didn't have them when they told me they did so the guy at the shop sold me the pures at the 2ct price since I was already there and gonna spend $$$ now that i have them I love them...

I am a diehard Pilot Power 2CT rider which are awesome for my riding style, and suspension setup.
Last set I put on I got a Pilot Pure on the front, and with that I also have no complaints with the Pure. I cant give enough detail on the Pures but I will tell you that you cant go wrong with the 2CTS for aggressive street riding scraping pegs in the switchbacks they will take it. They are not mileage tires, avg 3200 rear and 4500 front miles. I mostly use mine for communiting the interestate to work 70-75 miles a day and weekend backroad stress testings.

I think I'm going to spend the money on the Pures. Right now I have Dunlop Qualifiers and the front is cupped to hell and back and the rear is shot.

I currently run the Pilot Race, but I also change out to a harder compound on a second set of wheels for burning off at the drag strip...otherwise your daily riding set won't last very long at all.

I have run the 2ct's and the pures on my 08 Busa for me they wear the same but i feel the pures hook up better. i dont know if its just how i ride but i only get 2,500 miles out of a rear but i would rather have the traction over longevity any day.

Ive run one of each tire michilin has to offer! lol, wore down the battleax, then a set of pilot road, then pilot power 2ct, then currently on a set of pures! I did have more confidence on the 2cts but Im sure thats cause I changed aspect ratio on the pures. either way, all good tires.

and on my 636 run pirelli diablo rosso corsa, expensive and would not last on a bus, but are like glue all the way to the sidewall, probably could ride on that part too! lol

Back