Pics of my latest build!!

DStroyer

Registered
Sorry if everyone finds this a little off topic from the street bikes, but it is a turbo charged Hayabusa none the less!!! I build these. This machine had its maiden voyage over Memorial weekend at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. The throttle response is incredible to say the least. We ran it with 6 lbs of boost on 93 pump, and the mapping was spot on according to the air fuel meter. We were going to turn up the boost a bit, but saw no need since the front end came up with every flick of the throttle.

Anyway, here is a link to my photobucket album. Just scroll down to see the first 6 photos.

Gary
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w313/gixxergary/

What kind of MAX power will it make? If its in the 500hp range and not busting the cases let me know.I have friends that are always looking for these type machines,but they need to be reliable.Let me know something.

Although this is my 6th quad Ive built with suzuki motors, this is my first turboed Busa. We run at the dunes in Michigan and Oklahoma. We hit alot of local dirt and sand drags in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and wisconsin.

This is just a stage I Velocity kit with external waste gate and a 2 stage controller. After this season, we will lower the compression and bring the power up to the 300 range, although it doesnt need it. We were clocked at the dunes last weekend in 500 foot at 120. Its not about top speed for me, I just love the acceleration. The first race this machine goes to is in 2 weeks. It will be lowered and have a wheelie bar for that. We race 300 foot only, and im quite certain it will run 3.7 seconds at 90 mph or better.

Gary

(DStroyer @ May 31 2007,14:16) Although this is my 6th quad Ive built with suzuki motors, this is my first turboed Busa. We run at the dunes in Michigan and Oklahoma. We hit alot of local dirt and sand drags in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and wisconsin.

This is just a stage I Velocity kit with external waste gate and a 2 stage controller.  After this season, we will lower the compression and bring the power up to the 300 range, although it doesnt need it.  We were clocked at the dunes last weekend in 500 foot at 120. Its not about top speed for me, I just love the acceleration. The first race this machine goes to is in 2 weeks. It will be lowered and have a wheelie bar for that. We race 300 foot only, and im quite certain it will run 3.7 seconds at 90 mph or better.

Gary
Hey Gary nice way to work 300 into the thread , twice
laugh.gif

Were out at Glamis and Dumont alot and I agree with you about the accel vis top speed. I love the bottom end pull ! Viva la busa !

SHOCKED.gif
I bet that thing is scary!!!!

its scary enough to ride a turbo busa let alone that thing!!!!
super.gif

I guess Im completely different than you guys. Im completely at home on this thing in the sand dunes, but you couldnt pay me to get on a turboed busa on the streets, for fear of killing myself. LOL

Gary

Yes, Ive heard of it. Monster hills!!!!! I have always said, Im in the wrong part of the country for my hobby. I live in SE Wisconsin.

Gary

They run I think its 600-800 meters,they got Electronic timers and everything! Combine this with a hill of sand that has 77-80 incline!
wow.gif

Hi Gary
How did you go in the sand drags I have heard that anything over a 16mm banshee motor will beat you .(power to weight)But I have also heard they can only do I pass where you can ride all day..

Ashnery,
I will find out tomorrow morning. 6-16-07 how it will do in the 300 foot drags. The track is pulverized top soil with moisture added, and it should hook very well. 2 weeks ago, the turbochared gsxr1000 quad we built ran a 3.85 at 85 mph on that very track. If I had to guess, we should be around 3.75 at 90 with this machine. One of 2 things will happen, I will either go very fast, or it will blow the tires lose the entire track. If that happens, I can only get more tire. But, I didnt build this to sit at drag races all day, its really at home in the dunes. Tomorrows set up will be 8 lbs boost with C12 fuel, 17/56 gears.

Gary

Love your work Gary
That sounds like so much fun
If you can do a 3.75 you will end up king on planet sand
lol
keep me posted on your results,
I am in the process of fitting one into a yfz450..cheers

(DStroyer @ Jun. 01 2007,12:04) Yes, Ive heard of it. Monster hills!!!!! I have always said, Im in the wrong part of the country for my hobby. I live in SE Wisconsin.

Gary
I`d say you are in the wrong part of the globe.
or did we make United Arab Emirates our next state?
jump9.gif

that one very cool hobby you have.
beerchug.gif

Back