busa fighter build

Truly beautifull build. Can't wait for the trouble shooting to be in the rearview for you and you can enjoy it as much as you have worked on it. :goodboy:

set up of the original boost guage dont work to well in the tank, not the best idea to look down when you want to know how its boosting
so turbosmart boost guage and cup, original mounting stuff you get aint suited to the bike so plenty of head scrathing, made a mount under the speedo found an old rizoma res mount mod to fit think it worked out well

1-2_zpsf6904d75.jpg

2-3_zpsa4c5b0cf.jpg

3-4_zpsee259294.jpg

4-3_zps422988cb.jpg

hi all been a while
been out playing with the busa

so last post was about the throttle boddies being ****ed more gremlins reared there ugly head
bike runs fine get into 6th put the power down and feels like fuel starvation turn engine off back on again fine
thought it was a prob in top gear decided to let the boost cut in on third and open it up and it did it again
so looked at the fuel lines replaced them and re-routed still there
checked fuel pressure all ok
pump looks like it may have a problem or could be getting to hot in engine bay
so replaced with bosch 044 good for 600 bhp and decided to mount in the rear ot the bike and use armoured fuel hose doing this meant nice straight fuel lines to the tank and fuel rails

IMG_1535_zps2b71bc3c.jpg

unit just about fitted had to mod the subframe a bit due to the new pump being bigger
guess what still dident sort it out so great unless you put the power down was going to take
it back to get remapped then bill asked me about the aftermarket cap yes it was venting but his thought was not enough so on his advice we drilled the vent hole out in the pertol cap
AND IT NOW GOES LIKE STINK
a 5 min fix be warned after market petrol caps

any way since then been out loads bikes behaving boosting lovely waiting till winter to get secondry boost sorted by timblake moore and stainless dave is going to be playing with the bike looking at a spondon look tubular arm one off

some bike pics taken recently with a mates faired busa

IMG_1606_zps83ff381f.jpg

IMG_1594_zps163d438e.jpg

IMG_1580_zpsb37d0d75.jpg

a week later i fell of it and i mean fell off it sitting on the bike leant over to switch on the ignition i was at an angle and over it went with my mate in ****ing hysterics
damage crushed coolent bottle and bent turbo filter was lucky no other damage bodged it up and carried on playing for the day

IMG_1647_zps2fe3f50c.jpg

IMG_1648_zps00e135e6.jpg

so new bottle on the way and talking to pipercross to get a new filter made up whilst i was at it had another look at the bike decided to sort out the front discs rear sprocket was goosed so a nice new steath sprocket fitted also hate the mount i used for the oil cooler sorted that

IMG_1620_zpsfcf68f7f.jpg

IMG_1630_zps841e2a7e.jpg

IMG_1623_zps528228ba.jpg

IMG_1631_zps7e8bf4ad.jpg

just waiting for the botle to turn up back on the road
just blagged a busa 2008 rad nearly new with both fans £100 result that turned up today so that will be another mod done will post up and loads of lsl bits i won at a recent show

rad 2008 busa extra cooling and the front rad pipes now go behind the rad

IMG_1651_zps765721d0.jpg

set up the fans and 2008 rad has a threaded hole in the side ideal for the coolent bottle had to muck about with one of rad lines as too short
need to get my mate to flatten and thread another hole in my inline hose mount for thre thermal sender then finished

IMG_1660_zps2a6c60b6.jpg

tryingout a pipercross filter 20mm wider and taller but more air also think it fits well with the bike had to get a silicon sleve made up to connect bout nice and sdolid aint going nowere let you know how it goes

IMG_1668_zpsf034daef.jpg

Back