Picking up tomorrow...

MarkyBoy

Registered
Hi Guys,

A quick hello from the UK. I've completed the paperwork on an 09 bike today and I pick it up tomorrow. It’s had the pipes sorted, got crash bungs, a bit of carbon front and back, a screen etc and is the best one I’ve seen over the last three months or so. As usual it’s raining here today so I'm praying for sun for tomorrow’s pick up.

I’ve had bikes from 16 all the way up to 30 as my daily doing 25,000 miles or so a year in my 20’s and then got into cars. My last bike was a ZZR100 which I put about 75,000 miles on. The ZZR was the Busa of its day really as it was the quickest thing you could buy for a number of years.

I haven’t ridden a lot of kit over the last 13 years (I'm now 43) expect for a few Enfield 500's in India where I have spent a lot of time working so I'm looking forward to getting back in the game and seeing what 1340cc’s are all about.

Great site by the way, very useful, how many UK boys on here?

M…

A zzr100..wow that must have been one helluva ride :laugh:

J/K I had a ZZR1200 as well. That truly was a great bike, wish I never sold it. Did you ever belong to zzr1200.net back in the day when it belonged to Scott?

Welcome to the Org.

A zzr100..wow that must have been one helluva ride :laugh:

J/K I had a ZZR1200 as well. That truly was a great bike, wish I never sold it. Did you ever belong to zzr1200.net back in the day when it belonged to Scott?

Welcome to the Org.

ha ha, yep the lesser spotted ZZR100...

I don't think the internet had been invented the last time I was rolling :laugh:

Thanks for the welocme guys.

M...

Welcome to the oRg. There are quite few folks from the UK here on the board. :welcome:

Welcome to the Org! Can't wait to see pics!
Posted via Mobile Device

Welcome, there are many UK members on here. Also, the :rulez: say you must post a picture when you take delivery.

The ZZR was the Busa of its day really as it was the quickest thing you could buy for a number of years.

That's true. I remember hearing about how the ZZR was so popular that the stealerships couldn't keep them in stock, and guys who didn't even have motorcycle licenses were buying them!

I had a '94 GSXR1100 which was fun, but, man, the Suzukis of that era were just plagued with electrical problems. : (

Back