Picked her up this morning

Very Nice.

Congrats
beerchug.gif

and yes, the seat to footpeg distance is a little tight
blush.gif

congrats!!!!! Awesome looking bike and I love the leathers. There's no need to worry about a mistake-- it looks beautiful. Just take it nice and easy while you get you "wings"

Nice Pic!

Damn you got yerself a nice ride there, I hope when I'm 50 I still have good taste in bikes.

Congrats, heck I'm 46 so it can't be that bad. Or is it. Hum, good luck on the new bike.
super.gif

Congrats, heck I'm 46 so it can't be that bad. Or is it. Hum, good luck on the new bike.
super.gif

After a couple minutes, the hips settled down. Never ridden a sport bike before, so a totally new position. I probably just need to start working out again, and soaking in the whirlpool at the health club. Do some stretching excercising in hot water increases flexibility a great deal for me, I've just gotten lazy the last few months.

congrats!!!!! Awesome looking bike and I love the leathers. There's no need to worry about a mistake-- it looks beautiful. Just take it nice and easy while you get you "wings"

Nice Pic!

After a couple hours of slow twisty roads, faster twisty roads, parkways and interstate I got the hang of it pretty quick, at least at the break-in rpm. Quite impressed with the cornering, much easier than any other bike I've owned.

I picked out the leathers after searching the threads here, very happy with them.

Wifey took the photo at the dealer.

<!--EDIT|dhart
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116429864 -->

I think it is just dark bikes in general.

I have alredy learned to not linger next to ANY cage.

You probably hit the nail on the head. On the Wing, I tend to go about 7 miles over the speed limit and find that empty pocket of highway between the cages that aren't keeping up with me and the cages going slightly faster than me, with the occassional car gently passing beside me.

Today, I was locking behind the fastest driver I could find, so I was passing beside a lot more cars than I normally do.

By the way, get some aftermaket pegs that don't have the 1" of rubber on them.

That is my next mod, personally.

I am 30, with 2 bad knees from football.
wink.gif

I think it is just dark bikes in general.

I have alredy learned to not linger next to ANY cage.

You probably hit the nail on the head.  On the Wing, I tend to go about 7 miles over the speed limit and find that empty pocket of highway between the cages that aren't keeping up with me and the cages going slightly faster than me, with the occassional car gently passing beside me.

Today, I was locking behind the fastest driver I could find, so I was  passing beside a lot more cars than I normally do.
You'll find that you frequently be looking for a rabbit to follow behind & passing alot more cars than you used to with your GoldWing! My wife thinks that I just have to be in front of every car but the way I look at it, if I'm in front of them it doesn't matter if they try to go into my lane!

After you finish that break in period, you are really going to find a new pair of wings!

Almost forgot, congrads & welcome! I love the 05 LE!
super.gif
beerchug.gif

Back