Picked her up this morning

dhart

Donating Member
Registered
This is me thinking I had made a mistake. My 50 year old hips couldn't take the high foot position at first. I did a few deep bends, pulled each foot up to my ass and stradled her again. Thank God, someone here mentioned you can just let the clutch go in idle to take off, there was roadwork just up from the dealer a lot of stop of go.

I put about 120 miles on her. I had to keep reminding myself I was running her at half warp speed. Still, short shifting at 5500 rmp would kick my Goldwing's ass. Boy, one big difference between the Busa and my Wing, you are freakin' invisible on the Busa. Had three folks start to change lanes into me during my ride, rarely happens on the Wing.

What I can say, triple digits without exceeding break-in rpm. Impresses the hell out of me. Hope the picture worked.

<!--EDIT|dhart
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116405150 -->

baby.JPG

After you've ridden a few times the legs will adjust (my knees seized up the first couple of times - I'm not far behind you age-wise!)

Welcome to the addiction.

Now put on some mufflers so they can hear you! Also helps to use the HIGH BEAM when cutting traffic. Congrats!

I think it is just dark bikes in general.

I have alredy learned to not linger next to ANY cage. Had a old lady in a minivan try merging in to me yesterday on the way to work. She seen me...as she looked to see if the lane was clear...HALF WAY IN TO MY LANE! Swerved back in to her lane.

I raised my left hand up like "what the #### are you doing?" and shook my head back and forth noticably...

She just turned back straight with a death grip on the wheel.

My 50 year old hips couldn't take the high foot position at first.  
This is a prime example of you only grow old if you let yourself. I am never going to grow old I am always going to be a young punk!!!!!!!

And Welcome to the board and hope you totally enjoy your new bike.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116413182 -->

moondog is 49, busa fits just fine!! give it some time, you will adjust and find it so much more secure then the cruiser position. I have worked my way out of some situations that I know would have been a problem on a cruiser just because of the aggressive positioning. Congrats!!!

Congrats on the bike! I hope my knees can handle it when I'm fifty!!! Lots of different mods to work with the geometry of the bike though.

Back