Photo I thought I'd share...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Tornado that hit my hometown...this is where I grew up. I got to see it yesterday (tornado hit Saturday night) and I don't have words for how it felt to see it for the first time, to see how fortunate my family is for being OK.

The aerial photo really puts in perspective how unpredictible a tornado is; we were so unprepared for something like this. We don't even have basements in my area. We're too close to the water table to have 'em.

Might be too small to make out, but I circled homes owned by my family, once of which belongs to my Dad. Way too close to comfort when you see the debris fields.

100_0318.jpg

Wow... truly amazing to see Michelle and sorry to hear it hit so close
It also leaves you speechless.....
Hope you guys are all well

I wish it were clearer...our town, no casualties. The town where I work, 3 fatalities, two directly related to the storm and one occured during the storm and not yet determined as related. We were more fortunate than NC, that's for sure.

We are good, but I saw the aerials today and I was just floored at how close it came to family.

The building missing the entire center is just crazy...

Glad everyone is okay.

That's Zoar Baptist...best friend was married there, my sister and I used to walk there every Sunday as kids for Sunday school, family are buried in the cemetary behind it...

I took this pic yesterday; amazed that the tree is untouched...

Zoar.jpg

Pretty incredible, isn't it? If you look at her first photo, just up and to the left of the tennis courts is the community pool - the debris around the pool is all that is left of the cinder-block buildings - they were just shredded.

Wow glad all are ok.
I think it's really cool how 3 generations of your family live so close together.

pretty amazing picture, tornados are so wierd how they can hit and miss things. Just glad your family is ok.

That's just crazy, Michelle. I'm really glad you're family got through it alright.

Certainly a reason to take pause and be thankful for the little things everyday we otherwise take for granted.

It's good to read you and your family are safe. Thanks for sharing the photos Michelle.

Back