Philly to Raliegh

drfbusa

Registered
For the Holiday Im going to take the busa from East Carolina to Philly. Ill leave friday and make it there by saturday via the super slab. I want to take fun route home though. I was thinking of taking Skyline Drive once I get into VA. Any other routes as I make my way down from Philly to Coastal Carolina?

Thanks

My brother lives just south of Philly. Look on the map at roads in the West Chester area.

Mad Maps has some cool routes, I dont know how out of the way you want to go. Skyline drive runs right into the BRP at Afton mountain (also where I64 cuts across). You can continue down the BRP right down to Ashville NC, lots of variations on the ride back from Ashville, including a day trip across to the dragon. It kinda depends on your timeline. If you are trying to do it in a day, Skyline to I64E to Richmond. You can jump off a lot of places, but Rt250 runs parallel to I64, if you dont wanna do super slab but state hwy (for the scenic stuff). That leaves you with taking US 1 or 295 or other southern or eastern routes back to ECU.

Good luck though
beerchug.gif
and dont go speedin up on the skyline drive/brp, they dont have a lotta tolerance there
winkold.gif

A dream ride back would be to take the Skyline drive and then swing over to the outer banks and ride them all the way down to Lejeune.....you'd be covering different terrain and putting in some quality scenic miles. I just shed a tear of joy thinking about it......
beerchug.gif

Its possible, though a LONG ride

Pick up Skyline Drive near DC. Take it down, get on the Blue Ridge Parkway, route towards Blacksburg VA, jump on 460 and swing across the state to 153S, snake your way down to the OBX, come down to nagshead, turn right on us64 and find your way back to ECU from there
beerchug.gif

Hellish long drive, could be one of the better routes though and pretty much eliminates superslab driving completely once you get on skyline
cool.gif

Pick up Skyline Drive near DC. Take it down, get on the Blue Ridge Parkway, route towards Blacksburg VA, jump on 460 and swing across the state to 153S, snake your way down to the OBX, come down to nagshead, turn right on us64 and find your way back to ECU from there
beerchug.gif

Hellish long drive, could be one of the better routes though and pretty much eliminates superslab driving completely once you get on skyline
cool.gif
Okay...how about this one. Save the hills for another day and just make it a coastal jaunt. 510 miles and you're home! (click map twice to enlarge) edit: just realized the return location is Raleigh....might want to get on the skyline and head south through Va.

coast.JPG

Pick up Skyline Drive near DC.  Take it down, get on the Blue Ridge Parkway, route towards Blacksburg VA, jump on 460 and swing across the state to 153S, snake your way down to the OBX, come down to nagshead, turn right on us64 and find your way back to ECU from there
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
Okay...how about this one. Save the hills for another day and just make it a coastal jaunt. 510 miles and you're home! (click map twice to enlarge) edit: just realized the return location is Raleigh....might want to get on the skyline and head south through Va.
what is that going from N.J. to Delaware....the Ferry ? Cause there aint no road there.

I'm in for steaks too, hit me up

beerchug.gif

cool.gif
what is that going from N.J. to Delaware....the Ferry ? Cause there aint no road there.

I'm in for steaks too, hit me up
Good question...very observant. Check out the ferry.

Thanks everyone! I liked the coastal route through NJ and MD, VA beach to OBX, but I want to do Skyline. Ive did BRP last year and want to do more. OBX is a great ride on a cruiser. There arent any turns. I enjoyed doing it but dont want to go back.

Thanks again!

Back