Peripheral Vision

Htown Busa

Registered
If I want to increase my peripheral vision, what helmets would you guys recommend. I'm debating between an Arai Corsair and a Shoei X-11.

go try them on... I know the RF1000 is just fine.. can not imagine the 11 being bad..

I have the RF1000 now but want a little more peripheral vision. I had heard the X11 makes this possible with a different shield.

If I want to increase my peripheral vision, what helmets would you guys recommend. I'm debating between an Arai Corsair and a Shoei X-11.

Different brands have different shell shapes...you need to try them on to see what fits YOU the best :thumbsup:

I find the Shoei to be better, in general, at least because of the shape of my head...

The Arai's are rounder-profiled, seemingly, so it takes me more turning to get a full rear-view sweep. With the narrower-profiled Shoei, the pillars (which run vertical next to your eyes) are closer to my eyes, allowing ME a more open field-of-vision.

The greatest suggestion here has already been written. Go try 'em on. Get the one which is best for you... And, since we're all different shape/sizes, all the advice you'll get, in the end, is merely subjective.

Good luck, yo!

I vote for the X-11 :thumbsup:

My only experience with Arai was many years ago, but I remember that I liked the build quality and fit. I considered getting an Arai, but I don't like shield design.

My real preference would remain with Shoei. I have had RF-800s, RF-1000s, and my current X-11. I like the overall fit of the X-11, as opposed to the RF-1000, which also fits very well. As far as being quiet, the X-11 is great. As with any helmet, when you have all of your vents open, you will have noticeably more wind noise.

Whichever way you go, the fit should be a primary deciding factor :beerchug:

You should try an aray of helmets on at your dealer to see what feels comfortable to you and what you see best out of...everybody will be different.

Back